Like Tree32Likes

Top 5 best FUELS!

Old 02-14-2018, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

we used every rc 2-stroke oil available that time of course to test it.
we figured that ae3 was much ahead all other oils.
(i figured later that it would have been even better with 2-3% high quality castor added).

i did write down OUR OWN experiences and i want to share them because their is too much "mystic" and "secret formula" hype made around nitro fuel.
i don´t call it unviversal rules for the whole universe, just 2 guys (one of them with a huge load of biological and chemical knowledge, which was not me ) and their 5 years journey from zero to a small rc nitro company and back to zero.
just our tests made and some things we figured out, not more not less.

happy racing for all of you, all i know in this moment, i miss the smell of a good quality nitro fuel fresh burnt
Old 02-14-2018, 09:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gt racing View Post
(i figured later that it would have been even better with 2-3% high quality castor added).

i did write down OUR OWN experiences and i want to share them because their is too much "mystic" and "secret formula" hype made around nitro fuel.
i don´t call it unviversal rules for the whole universe, just 2 guys (one of them with a huge load of biological and chemical knowledge, which was not me ) and their 5 years journey from zero to a small rc nitro company and back to zero.

happy racing for all of you, all i know in this moment, i miss the smell of a good quality nitro fuel fresh burnt
Duly noted, and I appreciate that you're taking the time to share.

I have also spent many years doing tests, talking to the oil mfg, reading papers, going through thousands of posts on the web, testing blends in 0,1% increments, all to find patterns.
The last oil mfg I talked to just said: "Wow, this will take some time to digest"

But with that being said, yes, there is so much hype created by the mfg that it's just ridiculous!
Half the time it's the bean counters and marketing people dictating what you get.
Stickers and T-shirts will sell anything these days.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gt racing View Post

Originally Posted by NitroVein View Post
Duly noted, and I appreciate that you're taking the time to share.

I have also spent many years doing tests, talking to the oil mfg, reading papers, going through thousands of posts on the web, testing blends in 0,1% increments, all to find patterns.
The last oil mfg I talked to just said: "Wow, this will take some time to digest"

But with that being said, yes, there is so much hype created by the mfg that it's just ridiculous!
Half the time it's the bean counters and marketing people dictating what you get.
Stickers and T-shirts will sell anything these days.
Come on guy's spill the beans...buying nitro is just getting out of hand.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by houston View Post
you might wanna put some more synthetic and castor in nitrolux

ive seen the aftermath of the stuff

recommend klotz kl100 .... about 1 oz per gallon

houston, thanks for the response!

From what I see, Klotz is a mix of synthetic and castor oils (80/20). I've read in some places that not all synthetics blend with methanol. Is there any rule/group of oils that are specifically designed for our application or oils used in e.g. 2-stroke kart racing are suitable? In other words - is there a way to find out if a specific oil will blend with methanol or not?
The reason I ask is that I'd like to mix my own high-quality fuel and I'm looking for good oils (someone here recomended Redline).

As for the Rapicon - I found out that it's oil is a 9% of full synthetic (shitty quality according to some people). I'll add 1% of castor oil. Does that sound good by your experience?
Old 02-15-2018, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Donat View Post

From what I see, Klotz is a mix of synthetic and castor oils (80/20). I've read in some places that not all synthetics blend with methanol. Is there any rule/group of oils that are specifically designed for our application or oils used in e.g. 2-stroke kart racing are suitable? In other words - is there a way to find out if a specific oil will blend with methanol or not?
The reason I ask is that I'd like to mix my own high-quality fuel and I'm looking for good oils (someone here recomended Redline).

As for the Rapicon - I found out that it's oil is a 9% of full synthetic (shitty quality according to some people). I'll add 1% of castor oil. Does that sound good by your experience?
Correct the Klotz KL100 Super Techniplate is blended with 80% TechniPlate Synthetic Lubricant and 20% BeNOL Racing Castor Oil.

Klotz also off KL200 Techniplate (synthetic oil) and Klotz BeNOL Racing Castor Oil separately.

There are a few go-kart oils that will mix with alcohol but a go-kart engine does not usually rev as high as an R/C engine.

Last edited by Bundy_Bear; 02-16-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Correct the Klotz KL100 Super Techniplate is blended with 80% TechniPlate Synthetic Lubricant and 20% BeNOL Racing Castor Oil.

Klotz also off KL200 Techniplate (synthetic oil) and Klotz BeNOL Racing Castor Oil separately.

There are a few go-kart oils that will mix alcohol but a go-kart engine does not usually rev as high as an R/C engine.
i have tried all of the klotz oils and kl100 blend i found to be the best for providing extra protection and runtime without affecting tunability
Old 02-16-2018, 01:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
There are a few go-kart oils that will mix alcohol but a go-kart engine does not usually rev as high as an R/C engine.
Although our revs are insane you have to look at the surface speeds of the piston and crankpin. Then if you compare them it will not be higher than any bigger racing engine.
am, stanleyw808 and NitroVein like this.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Donat View Post

If you want to run what ever Rapicon you got left, try 2% castor oil, it will be on the high side but still add enough to work.

You need a group V oil that will mix with alcohol (polar). There are some oils that are mixed with group III or IV and still works, but that's not usually on the label.
It's also possible to use aceton to get other oils to mix, but stay out of that is my recommendation.

The KISS method is probably your best bet if you want to get up and running quickly, Castrol and Klotz oils are used by many.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Although our revs are insane you have to look at the surface speeds of the piston and crankpin. Then if you compare them it will not be higher than any bigger racing engine.
Roelof:

Wouldn't a crank in an R/C nitro engine that is capable of reving to 40,000 rpm be spinning faster then that of a larger go-kart engine crank? Also the recommended mixture ratios for these go-kart oils are a lot more then what we use in nitro fuel. This said, if you look at the tech sheet of Klotz KL-200 the maximum RPM lists 13,000 RPM.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:55 PM
Tech Champion

Faster rpm, yes! But with a 5mm diameter the surface speed is not that much. The crankpin does also do 1 rotation with every rotation of the crankshaft. How large is the crakpin of a kart engine? 15~20mm ? (3 to 4 times our engine it size)

The length of the surface is Pi x Diameter, so if the crankpin diameter of a kart engine is 4x bigger then an RC engine has to turn 4x the RPM speed to give the same surface speed on the crakpin.

The same counts for the piston speed. Not compleetly the right way to calculate but the most simple way to get close is to calculate the rotation speed of the crankpin, that is (almost) the max speed of the piston halfway, the stroke has to be used as the circel dismeter.

Do the comparing math and you will see it is not that different.
Old 07-08-2018, 06:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

On my local track only selling flashpoint Byron’s. And nitropro which one will you choose people? Thanks