Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Question on werks b5 vs pro vs pro 2 >

Question on werks b5 vs pro vs pro 2

Question on werks b5 vs pro vs pro 2

Old 04-30-2017, 12:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Question on werks b5 vs pro vs pro 2

Has anyone ran or owned all three of these motors? I just ordered the b5 as I love it in my buddies car but I'm curious about the different versions. I know the pro has the lightened crank and ceramic bearing but what does the pro 2 run like compared to the b5?
Old 04-30-2017, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blackbeardrollo View Post
Has anyone ran or owned all three of these motors? I just ordered the b5 as I love it in my buddies car but I'm curious about the different versions. I know the pro has the lightened crank and ceramic bearing but what does the pro 2 run like compared to the b5?
The Pro Series II is a "refreshed" version of the Pro Series engine featuring a lot of the technology from the new B7 Kortz Edition engine.
There are some slight sleeve changes, along with incorporating the new low profile crankcase / heat sink design of the B7. It also has new needle profiles in an upgraded carb package.
Running the B5 Pro Series II here we have found more overall power than the original B5 Pro and some more top end (running 2058 pipe). Easier tuning and a very strong stable idle with the upgraded carb.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks that's exactly the response I was looking for. So the original b5 is still a good mill compared to the pro 2?

Last edited by blackbeardrollo; 04-30-2017 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks that's exactly the response I was looking for. So the original b5 is still a good mill compared to the pro 2?
Oh yeah - the original B5 Pro is a very strong engine, ideally suited to truggy with either the 2058 (open track) or 2013 (smaller tighter track).
The 2013 gives stump pulling bottom end and mid range, where as the 2058 whilst still very strong on the bottom gives considerably more upper mid range to top end performance, and approx 40 sec more run time per tank.
You can run the B5 in buggy but really only with the 2058 - and even then it's a handful lol.
Buggy is best matched to the B6 and new B7 Kortz Edition engines running 2058 pipe. Hope that helps
Old 05-01-2017, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Spot on grizz1 with the advise as usual!
Old 05-01-2017, 09:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Werks View Post
Spot on grizz1 with the advise as usual!
Thanks, well I copied my buddies setup exactly as I always run os speeds but at the track I drove his buggy with the basic b5 and 2013 pipe and loved the power. So my new setup will be here tomorrow thanks werks for an incredible power plant!
Old 05-01-2017, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks, well I copied my buddies setup exactly as I always run os speeds but at the track I drove his buggy with the basic b5 and 2013 pipe and loved the power. So my new setup will be here tomorrow thanks werks for an incredible power plant!
You must have a smooooth finger on the trigger
Glad you found the set up that works for you. I'm sure you will enjoy the power and reliability of the Werks products.