R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2017, 01:22 PM   #1
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 160
Default RB BXR SLSDl5 .21 ?

Does anyone know
The Specs & if the
RB BXR SLSDl5 .21 is a good nitro engine to buy?
WavyEnzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:23 PM   #2
Tech Elite
 
22Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Wanamingo Mn
Posts: 3,088
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WavyEnzo View Post
Does anyone know
The Specs & if the
RB BXR SLSDl5 .21 is a good nitro engine to buy?
I sold a couple of them. They are a quality engine with some nice specs. They are super long stroke similar to the Bonito. Should be a great truggy engine with alot of bottom. They were fairly expensive though, also Rb is out of business I believe. Parts would still be available as most Nova parts will fit.

Rex
__________________
Rw modding and engine repair http://www.rw-mods.com
Sleeve resizing $15.00/ motor rebuild $30.00
Argus engine distributor/Avid bearings/ Alpha engines/
Fx Royal engines/ Maxy Engines
e-mail [email protected] Rex Welch
22Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 12:32 AM   #3
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Racer View Post
I sold a couple of them. They are a quality engine with some nice specs. They are super long stroke similar to the Bonito. Should be a great truggy engine with alot of bottom. They were fairly expensive though, also Rb is out of business I believe. Parts would still be available as most Nova parts will fit.

Rex
Thanks you so much, for the info. Does it also have good middle & top end as well? And what pipe works best with it.
WavyEnzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:44 PM   #4
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 121
Default

Yes it will have good mid top also.
The werks 2058 pipe goes well with this engine.
Where are you getting it from as I thought they are all unavailable to buy since rb closure.
bartnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:52 PM   #5
Tech Champion
 
Maximo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,900
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

This was a strong engine..use a RB 2097 with a RB XS manifold, drop 0.1 mm head shim, med plug and hold on tight....
__________________
http://www.thenitroshop.com/
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:04 AM   #6
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
This was a strong engine..use a RB 2097 with a RB XS manifold, drop 0.1 mm head shim, med plug and hold on tight....
Do you know where abouts I can get hold of the RB 2097 pipe.
WavyEnzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:18 AM   #7
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North Queensland
Posts: 365
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
This was a strong engine..use a RB 2097 with a RB XS manifold, drop 0.1 mm head shim, med plug and hold on tight....
Maximo ,I have a rb bxr ls 21 ,with a rb 01122-c conrod that needs replacing . Would you know if a nova rod would fit ,ie r7 .ime having trouble finding an rb one.
noddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:16 AM   #8
Tech Champion
 
Maximo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,900
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddy2 View Post
Maximo ,I have a rb bxr ls 21 ,with a rb 01122-c conrod that needs replacing . Would you know if a nova rod would fit ,ie r7 .ime having trouble finding an rb one.

a rod from the new Drake engine will work
__________________
http://www.thenitroshop.com/
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 02:50 AM   #9
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North Queensland
Posts: 365
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Rb bxr sls

Great to know that most parts are available from novarosi for these engines,as ive just purchased 3 bxr sls version2 ,and 1 ls ver2 cheap.
noddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:23 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net