Wiki Posts
Search

Engine Destruction !

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Engine Destruction !

Saturday during a heat my OS spit out the glow plug while on track . It most certainly ingested sand and debris. I didn't force anything while looking it over. So ... I pulled the head , carb , sleeve, and back plate off and flushed it out with maybe 2 pints of fuel and inspected it. I found some damage on the edge of the ports in the sleeve , nothing really scary on the piston top itself , and no scoring on the sleeve. Hosed it down with a spray oil and re assembled. Things were very smooth afterwards . Put in a new glow plug and engine ran great. Made it 8 minutes in the main and glow plug quit. Think its related ? Think the bearing inside are trashed despite being smooth ? NO more races here until spring so plenty of time to mess with it . Overall I was impressed it cleaned up as well as it did. But man , I sure am pissed. Engine has less than 2 gallons on it .
Old 10-31-2016, 12:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Had my air cleaner come off mid main not too long ago. Locked up on the straight right afttrack r the buzzer. Boy I was mad. I know your pain. Luckily mine cleaned up and is running strong! (It's a reds though lol)