Some engine questions

Old 10-03-2016, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Some engine questions

Hello everyone i have a losi 3.4 that i just bought and i am looking for a very small flywheel for it and the one that fits my size requirements is Hot Racing SAV1100S3 now my question is how do you know if it will fit my losi or are flywheels universal, my apologies if this is a noob question i dont play much with nitro
Old 10-05-2016, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Bump for some help
Old 10-05-2016, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Savage clutch set up/flywheel you posted will work on the Losi 3.4 depending on what vehicle it's going into.
Old 10-08-2016, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Default Spacing problem

I bought the flywheel and now that i try it on the engine i have a big space between the flywheel and the engine, about 2.3mm is this normal?
Old 10-08-2016, 02:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Use a smaller collet. If it lines up with the spur then don't worry about it.
Old 10-08-2016, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rotor head33
Use a smaller collet. If it lines up with the spur then don't worry about it.
Thanks for the quick reply do you know a good place for buying the collet alone everywhere i see just sells them as a set with the fly wheel
Old 10-08-2016, 02:42 PM
Tech Lord

A large space is no problem if the rest of the clutch can be mounted with no issues.

Otherwise you can shorten the collet by grinding a bit off.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
A large space is no problem if the rest of the clutch can be mounted with no issues.

Otherwise you can shorten the collet by grinding a bit off.
Hi Roelof, I have that same issue with my Brand New OS XZB 21 ver 2 Blue head. It is mounted in my HONG NOR X-3 sabre. I didn't get a collet with my Flywheel when I received it from the seller. The Flywheel lines up with the back end of the clutch bell. It seems to turn over easy.I haven't started the engine yet and I might just pull it out and take a little off with a Dremel tool and a cut of wheel. thanks Michael
Old 10-13-2016, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stoney452
Hi Roelof, I have that same issue with my Brand New OS XZB 21 ver 2 Blue head. It is mounted in my HONG NOR X-3 sabre. I didn't get a collet with my Flywheel when I received it from the seller. The Flywheel lines up with the back end of the clutch bell. It seems to turn over easy.I haven't started the engine yet and I might just pull it out and take a little off with a Dremel tool and a cut of wheel. thanks Michael
Hey Michael do you mind posting some photos once you dremel it? I am curious to see your results
Old 01-16-2017, 11:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hong nor x3 sabre rtr 1/8 buggy nitro question

Can anyone help me with their idea of best nitro percentage and castor percentage and plug. I have the force .28 engineering. Currently was running 20% and 9%castor with an ornament hot plug b4. Wondering if anyone had suggestions for me. I don't run track but people around town and I like to spank them. B4 hot plug ofna, beyond 20$9%. 3.25 hours out on Jan and flush land with 1mm to. 06/7 my on idle screw. I was told to try 4.5 hours on hand and 2.5 on lunch, but want to know best fuel to use and plug without overheating. Please some help me out with some of your own thoughts. Thanks, JT
Old 01-16-2017, 05:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jtmillerboy
Can anyone help me with their idea of best nitro percentage and castor percentage and plug. I have the force .28 engineering. Currently was running 20% and 9%castor with an ornament hot plug b4. Wondering if anyone had suggestions for me. I don't run track but people around town and I like to spank them. B4 hot plug ofna, beyond 20$9%. 3.25 hours out on Jan and flush land with 1mm to. 06/7 my on idle screw. I was told to try 4.5 hours on hand and 2.5 on lunch, but want to know best fuel to use and plug without overheating. Please some help me out with some of your own thoughts. Thanks, JT
Any 30% fuel will work. 20% works also, but won't have as much power and will run hotter. Can't comment about the plug.

BTW how hot the engine runs is mostly a function of how it is tuned, not what fuel and plug are used.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank u