Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
new clutch system on a same engine >

new clutch system on a same engine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new clutch system on a same engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 04:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default new clutch system on a same engine

Hi
I was wondering is it possible to fit a different clutch on the same engine. The engine is Kyosho GX21. If i was going to replace the current slightly damaged clutch with the same original system it would cost too much. I was wondering if i can replace my current slightly damaged system for a different and a cheaper.

Just wondering if the flying wheel is same but it has a different clutch shoe.... So will it work?

Also what is the use stabilizer for both front and back?
Old 09-27-2016, 11:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clarence1998
Hi
I was wondering is it possible to fit a different clutch on the same engine. The engine is Kyosho GX21. If i was going to replace the current slightly damaged clutch with the same original system it would cost too much. I was wondering if i can replace my current slightly damaged system for a different and a cheaper.

Just wondering if the flying wheel is same but it has a different clutch shoe.... So will it work?

Also what is the use stabilizer for both front and back?
I am not sure I totally understand the question. I believe you are asking if you can run a different clutch. Yes, you can. You may need to also run a different clutch bell. Not all clutches utilize the same bell.

I don't understand what you are asking about a stabilizer. Shocks? Chassis braces, Sway bars?

Feel free to provide more information and we will do our best to help.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:45 AM
Tech Rookie

They look like bent silver metal rod that is fitted in the front and the back of the buggy.
I think they are called sway bar as well.

Just going off way topic here, i just recently ripped one of the stock tires on my buggy. I was wondering what kind of glue should i use to glue the new tires to the wheel?
Old 09-28-2016, 03:12 AM
Tech Rookie

I think they are called sway bar. They are like silver bent rod that is fitted in the fonrt and the back of the buggy.

Just going off topic here, recently i blown my stock tires and I was wonder can i use Elmer's E904 4 fl oz/ 118 ml No Wrinkle Rubber Cement, Transparent glue to glue the tires to the wheel ? If not what glue do you use?
Old 09-29-2016, 01:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

The sway bars adjust how much chassis roll the car will have when cornering - hence their other name - anti roll bar.

You need CA glue to glue your tyres back to the rims which is available at any hobby store.

If your flywheel and/or clutch are badly damaged and need replacing you could use an aftermarket system or one from a different manufacturer.
Possibly Agama which are well priced:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/agama-r...668-13/p424385

Last edited by Mrbigglesworth; 09-29-2016 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Not sure what happened to link...