Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Rody Victosport VSB01 -  OS XZ-B based >

Rody Victosport VSB01 - OS XZ-B based

Like Tree30Likes

Rody Victosport VSB01 - OS XZ-B based

Old 07-18-2018, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stephen_bess View Post

Dibbz...going in the EBIS soon!!

Good deal Bess. Well I'll have mine coming soon.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dibbz...going in the EBIS soon!!

Umm, need more and better pics there Stephen!
stephen_bess likes this.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

Haven't had time yet! This weekend!
Harrison477 likes this.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:12 AM
Tech Adept

Haven't had time yet! This weekend!
Hi Stephen,
Did you got the chance to run it?
Old 08-08-2018, 10:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by VS_Rody View Post
Hi Stephen,
Did you got the chance to run it?
Hi Rody, not yet. Only race large track Santa Barbara every 2 weeks maximum, so that's where I plan to run it next. Can't wait!
VS_Rody likes this.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

My limited B01 is amazing

i must have got the last B02 from amain It gets to me on Wednesday.

I loved your C6 USA

question Rody- why no ceramic bearing in the B02? Just price?
Old 08-27-2018, 11:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
question Rody- why no ceramic bearing in the B02? Just price?
Yes, mainly price. You won't feel the difference in performance between the ceramic or steel bearings. However when you need to exchange them you will feel the difference in your wallet.
Roelof, 02maxima18 and NitroVein like this.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I wanted to update a couple things I've found, I LOVE these engines haha, thought I had a bad tune at a race but it was an odd leak at the seam near the mount, come to find out I had the tank screwed down too tight and the tank would be fine and my engine but once it hit just above 3/4 of a tank that small pressure loss my engine would leannnn out.

I also was running the AMR Backplate (EB Mods last back Plate he created for the first XZB, but AMR chromed it out and it's perfectly machined vs other brands) and I removed the backplate and put the stock back on, and wow, my tuning window opened up, now I have a little extra give in the tune say with weather change etc. Also the powerband from Low/ Mid is smoother, and from Bottom to High all around more usable power, like my amount of throttle given is correct, before it felt like there's was two settings 1/2 or Ful Throttle, now I can ease it over the smaller tight sections with small doubles etc. I am in NO way saying the AMR Backplate is bad or doesn't work on our engines, I feel maybe for this engine it's really not needed, maybe some engines that don't create the same power, especially the B01/B02 crank is MUCH different looking plus lighter than the other Speed II copies. I think with another engine it would work better that's it.

Also I've had racers mention the bearings also that the rear is not Ceramic vs other brands using the Speed II base, and I have one regular B01 and it's bone stock, easily has 5-6 gallons, and has more compression than my buddies 3 gal B2102 and even had better compression when his was at 1 1/2!! So the better matched P/S and Tuned Crank all work perfectly together will be more efficient, in race conditions w/o the AMR I'm now getting about 9:20-9:40 on a full tank, and my fuel line runs direct to the engine so maybe a 5-6" piece, same for exhaust. I run the 7.0 or 6.5mm Venturi (I get the same mileage back to back). Run the 2135, going to try the Hipex 2146 once it arrives and the 2050.

The bearings im finding in the OS Engines especially the rear ceramic is cheap, not meant for those engines, I've seen 2 of the Ceramics with 1-2 gallons almost RUIN the engines, one engine it did, and I'm waiting on a new PSR to replace in it. The outer and inner race seems thinner and the cage around the ceramic balls is small, it really doesn't look like it holds the Balls that tight or well, you'll really see it if you remove it. The Steel Bearings in our VS Engines are the opposite just don't have Ceramic balls, but the cage is larger (taller and thicker), and the races seem thicker too so you have a more solid piece of high quality Steel and better Groove for the balls to spins so they're smoother, hold up to the heat easier etc. My 6 gallon engine feels like it did when it was freshly fully broken in, and I always check my internals after a couple gallons or so and it's clean steel fully lubricated, no rod play, slight dark brown on top of the Piston and Button head but I always run P3's here in Central Florida and run 33% Fuel. Runner Time 33% is amazing though with the consistency, power, and lubricates interals more than ANY fuel I've had before hence why it's quite popular in the Nitro Onroad World. But my bearings are solid, smooth, NO play, and feels like a newer engine. Right now with an OS Engine I would have changed the bearings, these bearing some will last to easily 10 gallons (No pinch, But with my B01 when it wears out I'll pinch it because I'll prolly get another 10 gallons out of it) before they might need to be replaced.

So don't underestimate those Steel bearings, heck I'll even buy you a rear ceramic or both if you'll trade me your Brand New never used VS Engine bearings. Just message me, honestly I found a company on eBay that I tried their Ceramic combos, they're out of Miami and they're $28 Shipped and they're AWESOME, thick races, cage, ABEC5's PERFECT ceramics for Nitro Engines, don't want the tolerances to be like a ABEC9 or so because these engines are changing in heat all day getting slammed etc. So I'll trade that set for your NEW removed with a proper tool or at least done correctly, so you send first because I found I get removed bearings that had the crap beaten out of them to take them out, I'm all set. Invest in the Hudy Remover, worth every penny. Message me if you're interested, I'll send you the link to what bearings you'll receive.

Andy
Old 09-19-2018, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (99%+)

Good showing by Billy Easton at the FORCE Series in Florida.
VS_Rody likes this.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 02maxima18 View Post

I wanted to update a couple things I've found, I LOVE these engines haha, thought I had a bad tune at a race but it was an odd leak at the seam near the mount, come to find out I had the tank screwed down too tight and the tank would be fine and my engine but once it hit just above 3/4 of a tank that small pressure loss my engine would leannnn out.

I also was running the AMR Backplate (EB Mods last back Plate he created for the first XZB, but AMR chromed it out and it's perfectly machined vs other brands) and I removed the backplate and put he stock back on, and wow, my tuning window

Andy
AMR is like an old version 1 EB power plate
Old 10-06-2018, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

One round of qualifying done here at the US Open Fuel Championships. Engine is sublime