Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Australian engine modification >

Australian engine modification

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Australian engine modification

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Australian engine modification

Anyone know of any engine modifiers in Aus? Usa im looking at over a month without an engine which is hard to cope with.

Thanks
Old 06-05-2016, 09:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Could just buy a decent race engine and not wait the month for a modified engine...
Old 06-05-2016, 09:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B3nno810
Could just buy a decent race engine and not wait the month for a modified engine...
Thats always an option too. If you just need more power for say.... truggy or whatever, dropping a head shim or using a different manifold or pipe can make a huge difference.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

I run orion, and it is plenty good, just wondering if i can get a bit more, maybe dont assume i buy cheap rtr stuff and answer my question instead of being a twat?
Old 06-05-2016, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bash bros
Thats always an option too. If you just need more power for say.... truggy or whatever, dropping a head shim or using a different manifold or pipe can make a huge difference.
I havent considered shimming differently, thanks for the idea
Old 06-06-2016, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Gavel
I run orion, and it is plenty good, just wondering if i can get a bit more, maybe dont assume i buy cheap rtr stuff and answer my question instead of being a twat?
Your OP was extremely vague.... If all you were wanting was a bit more power, ask how to do so, instead of asking for a mod engine specifically. Being a cock in reply isnt going to get you any help.

Head shims, venturi size, pipe combos, tune, clutch setup will all play a big part in getting more out of an engine....

Last edited by B3nno810; 06-06-2016 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

The Orions dont come with much crank timing, a big gain can be had by opening that up. I do some work for guys Australia and Nz.

Rex
Old 06-06-2016, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Your OP was extremely vague.... If all you were wanting was a bit more power, ask how to do so, instead of asking for a mod engine specifically. Being a cock in reply isnt going to get you any help.

Head shims, venturi size, pipe combos, tune, clutch setup will all play a big part in getting more out of an engine....
Extremely vague? I asked if anyone knew of engine modifiers in Australia. To me thats a very specific question with a very specific answer. A website, name of a person i can email etc etc. In no way did your comment contribute anything towards answering my question
Old 06-06-2016, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

is massive mods still in buisness
neal has a network of guys down in oz
Old 06-06-2016, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anyone know of any engine modifiers in Aus? Usa im looking at over a month without an engine which is hard to cope with.

Thanks

I ship to Aus all the time..takes roughly 4 days... But due to shipping fee's its smarter to just buy a fresh engine....Killer deal on the RCC MC3 Ceramic combo with 2046...
Old 06-06-2016, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Maximo
I ship to Aus all the time..takes roughly 4 days... But due to shipping fee's its smarter to just buy a fresh engine....Killer deal on the RCC MC3 Ceramic combo with 2046...
Thanks Maximo, i was really hoping to stick with the Orion engines but i get them locally cheaper in my dollar (which is worth less) then i can from usa, even before i take coversion rates into the equation. And unfortunately the aussy dollar is doing really poorly at the moment.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 22Racer
The Orions dont come with much crank timing, a big gain can be had by opening that up. I do some work for guys Australia and Nz.

Rex
Thanks Rex, appreciate the info
Old 06-06-2016, 09:53 PM
Tech Addict

Extremely vague? I asked if anyone knew of engine modifiers in Australia. To me thats a very specific question with a very specific answer. A website, name of a person i can email etc etc. In no way did your comment contribute anything towards answering my question
I believe it was helpful, youre clearly not happy with how the engine is performing, or you wouldnt be looking for an engine modification business... so, invest in a better, higher performing engine. I wasnt happy with how my Alphas were performing, so i went to OS.