Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
The New Werks B7KE "Kortz Edition" .21 Racing Engine >

The New Werks B7KE "Kortz Edition" .21 Racing Engine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree35Likes

The New Werks B7KE "Kortz Edition" .21 Racing Engine

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by grizz1
New carburetor is awesome eh Thomas .
Super easy to tune and incredibly stable. Very strong idle too.
i just love it... definitly and improvement. I have used horizontal carbs before and like them, but the B7 with the new carb... it seems like a new engine, perfect package...
Old 09-08-2017, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Is the new carb available separately, and if so, where from?

Thanks.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hawks
Is the new carb available separately, and if so, where from?

Thanks.
You would need to enquire with Werks Racing direct on that one. Not something distributors would probably bring in (unless special ordered). Contact Werks Racing at [email protected] - or just buy a new B7
Old 09-09-2017, 01:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thanks. I just got a new one from Tower. It must have been old stock.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Rumor has it werks is no more once stock runs out, is this true?
Old 11-15-2017, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gavel
I really hope it's a false rumour but Star Motori (someone correct me are they still who makes engines for Werks?) has been MIA for a long time. Last weekend saw a Werks sticker on a trolley and was eagerly eyeing for what engine was he driving but couldn't see, yes I have a soft spot for Sirio/Werks engines
Old 11-15-2017, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gavel
We run out of stock all the time lol but we get shipments of engines and spares in every other week. Got a shipment last week and have one coming next week, just like we have the last 15 years. We are not going anywhere

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
I really hope it's a false rumour but Star Motori (someone correct me are they still who makes engines for Werks?) has been MIA for a long time. Last weekend saw a Werks sticker on a trolley and was eagerly eyeing for what engine was he driving but couldn't see, yes I have a soft spot for Sirio/Werks engines
Short anwer is Star is not our manufacturer it is the company that owned the Sirio brand. So when Star had financial problems there went the Sirio brand (which is now in limbo) but it had zero affect on the company that makes our motors other than just the loss of a customer.
sfox1026 likes this.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Werks

Short anwer is Star is not our manufacturer it is the company that owned the Sirio brand. So when Star had financial problems there went the Sirio brand (which is now in limbo) but it had zero affect on the company that makes our motors other than just the loss of a customer.
Phew...got me worried a bit.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Glad its just a rumour then!
Old 01-17-2018, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Looking for advice on deciding between a b7 and the new b3 coming out. Any input on fuel economy between the two would be appreciated as well as torque/ top end differences.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brian C
Looking for advice on deciding between a b7 and the new b3 coming out. Any input on fuel economy between the two would be appreciated as well as torque/ top end differences.
Hi Brian,

The B3 hasn't been released yet, so there will be no direct comparisons on fuel economy etc for a couple of months after the release date (very soon I'm told).

We ran-in a new B3 (supplied to us for pre release evaluation), and one of my customers is using it now - so we will have some feedback on that after a couple of upcoming events.
Check out the Werks Racing USA Facebook page. I posted up some initial thoughts on the engine there a week or so ago.

Torque wise the B3 is very strong on the bottom end through into the mid range. Top end is good for a 3 port, but we haven't leaned things out yet so the real top end has yet to be seen.

For top end you won't beat the B7.
Vety torquey for a 7 port with strong mid through to dazzling top end. Extremely linear while being very strong.

Once again, check out the FB page - there is some great info on there. I can't post a link on here (against the rules I believe), but just search up Werks Racing
Brian C and ASA like this.

Last edited by grizz1; 01-18-2018 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

With the new carb on the B7 is there a starting or base line setting on the high and low end with a broken in engine?
Old 01-26-2018, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Breeze
With the new carb on the B7 is there a starting or base line setting on the high and low end with a broken in engine?
Its going to depend on plug, fuel, track etc and ambient conditions.
Safest option is to start with a default rich setting of both needles flush with housings and your idle gap set at .5 to .7mm

Fire up and start leaning the low speed needle until you get a solid idle at the speed you like (we have found the new horizontal HSN carbs end up with the low speed quite a bit further "in" than the original carbs - so you might need a few tweaks to get this ball park setting).

Once you have the idle set (by leaning the lsn) run the car around and set the high speed for the WOT running you desire.
Once your set there, (because you will have leaned the engine some by now) you will find the idle will have raised up some - so address this by now richening the lsn until the idle returns to where you like it.
Do this gradually by running the car around between small adjustments until you get it right.

That will give you a reasonable tune to work with (you can fine tune from there).

Hsn will end up no more than a half a turn or so in from flush most likely (once again the variables mentioned above will determine this).
Lsn will be somewhat further "in" from flush.

Hope this helps
ASA likes this.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Where can I get a B7 with the new carb?
Old 01-29-2018, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ofna2005
Where can I get a B7 with the new carb?
All Werks distributors should have stocks of the latest B7 with the horizontal HSN carb by now. Larger stockists like A-Main etc may still be selling older stock however. Flick an email to [email protected] and ask about your nearest stockist (who has received the new model).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.