Middle screw?

Old 08-26-2015, 10:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Middle screw?

Almost finished breaking in my K4.6 engine. Last tank I need to reach full throttle for a bit and heat cycle. I noticed the RC would be REAL SLOW and kinda bog weirdly at stock.

I had to turn the HSN 2 turns clockwise and the lowspeed a full 1 turn in-order to reach fullspeed and yet it's still on the rich side! I don't know why that is since the manual shows you only turn is about once.

Now when reaching WOT it seems to bog in the middle halfway, yet WOT doesn't bog nor does idling and low speed. Do you think the medium screw is way too rich? I know you're not suppose to mess with that screw, but in this case do you think it's justifiable?

Engine runs as 240F MAX and drops to 210F when just running at a medium speed. Thanks
Old 08-27-2015, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by leureece View Post
Almost finished breaking in my K4.6 engine. Last tank I need to reach full throttle for a bit and heat cycle. I noticed the RC would be REAL SLOW and kinda bog weirdly at stock.

I had to turn the HSN 2 turns clockwise and the lowspeed a full 1 turn in-order to reach fullspeed and yet it's still on the rich side! I don't know why that is since the manual shows you only turn is about once.

Now when reaching WOT it seems to bog in the middle halfway, yet WOT doesn't bog nor does idling and low speed. Do you think the medium screw is way too rich? I know you're not suppose to mess with that screw, but in this case do you think it's justifiable?

Engine runs as 240F MAX and drops to 210F when just running at a medium speed. Thanks
Sounds like the bottom is still a little rich and the bog is from burning the extra fuel inside the case. I would highly recommend not touching the center needle. 99% of the time, it is set correctly at the factory and only the most experiances guys mess with them.