Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
2015 Fuel battle ... opinions only , no facts ! >

2015 Fuel battle ... opinions only , no facts !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Fuel battle ... opinions only , no facts !

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arm2storm
If you think about it, it's like saying novarossi produces a better engines for RB, Top and fusion than their own line of engines.
That's entirely possible. Look at Honda and Acura or Toyota and Lexus.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kyosho Kid
That's entirely possible. Look at Honda and Acura or Toyota and Lexus.
That's more like luxury and not so much quality.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kyosho Kid
So.....Ran some bones brew today...good $H!T. Cant get byrons anymore so I'm giving this a whirl. Burns clean, plenty of oil, and makes good power. Interested to see what my internals look like after gallon.
Good to hear the report there, I'm getting ready to try my 30/10 Bones in my LRP very soon. I'm down to about a fuel bottle of Byron's left and break in is done on that engine. Now I'm curious how the Bones 30/10 will run in my new Mad Force Kruiser I just bought, though I'll likely break the KE .25 in on 20% Byron's to see how it works with that engine as I can still get that locally.

For the guys asking about adding oil, I just buy whatever pure castor oil the LHS has, Sig, Klotz, etc. They all work the same, really. Adding about .5 oz. per quart adds about 2% oil to the mixture, I think.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arm2storm
If you think about it, it's like saying novarossi produces a better engines for RB, Top and fusion than their own line of engines.
I dont think you quite understand , oils that are used in dfrnt companies fuels vary quite a bit and vp blending/mixing for example WERKS does not use the same oils as their crappy VP oils . Ron has the drums of oil sent to vp plant unlabeled if i remember correctly , smart

VP is trying to standardize the oil pkgs on fuels they blend so as to produce higher quantity of each certain blend

Personally i would find another plant to have my fuel blended at , i would not compromise my fuels quality EVER if i had my own blend of fuel
Old 04-16-2015, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
I dont think you quite understand , oils that are used in dfrnt companies fuels vary quite a bit and vp blending/mixing for example WERKS does not use the same oils as their crappy VP oils . Ron has the drums of oil sent to vp plant unlabeled if i remember correctly , smart

VP is trying to standardize the oil pkgs on fuels they blend so as to produce higher quantity of each certain blend

Personally i would find another plant to have my fuel blended at , i would not compromise my fuels quality EVER if i had my own blend of fuel
Well that makes sense, VP only does the mixing and provides the nitro. I thought VP provided everything.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I should have bought an E buggy. This is worse than the "best Lipo" debate crap.

At least on the local side I've got fast sponsored guys giving me all the three options and opinions..Byrons, Bones, and Nitrotane...I should be safe with any of them I guess.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I like werks...lol 14 gallons and a year no issues yet. same with 2 buddies
Old 04-16-2015, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I like the idea of the smaller bottles Bones comes in . Stays sealed longer and less to carry around. A quart should make it through a race day right ? Thats basically 7 tanks plus a little ... Is my math right ?
Old 04-16-2015, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wittyname
I like the idea of the smaller bottles Bones comes in . Stays sealed longer and less to carry around. A quart should make it through a race day right ? Thats basically 7 tanks plus a little ... Is my math right ?
I use a little over a qt on race day using bones in my truggy.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hambone
I use a little over a qt on race day using bones in my truggy.
This is good to know. That's about what I run in my buggy at a practice session trying to replicate an event. Maybe a little more, like approaching ~2qts Byrons. Been thinking I've been cutting my practice short at about 2-3hrs. As I recall, World's 2014 got what, a litre, for practice? That's a quart, give or take. So, yeah. looks like I'm trackin. . .

Thanks.
'AC'
Old 04-18-2015, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Well, got a chance to run some of the Bones Brew today in both trucks. The LRP is through break in but is still being tuned in for optimal performance, but ran pretty well on it. It started nicely and felt pretty crisp considering it's still a bit too rich. The Kyosho KE .25 ran 2 tanks of it's break in so far on the Bones 30/10 and it ran great! Fired up in 2 pulls on it's first start and ran both tanks all the way through with no stalling. Both engines ran good and cool, had to run the Kyosho with the uncut shell on it and a sock over it's head to get up into the 200 degree range. The fuel burns clean, and the engines don't load up right away like the LRP did on the VP fuel. I like it so far, runs similarly to Byron's it seems. I'll be running it this whole summer in both trucks and see how it does over time for me. At the rate I'm going I'm on pace to burn a few gallons this year so it should be a good test.