Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree50Likes

Triton RC new engine...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Triton L4 back in stock as well as 2034 exhaust.
J.Whiting likes this.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:12 AM
Tech Rookie

I recently switched from O.S. engines to Triton engines for this up coming race season. Last week i went down to Sumter South Carolina to test out my new Triton engines. All i can say is very impressed with them. The L4 in buggy with the 2108 pipe is very smooth and predictable. The L5 in truck with the 2034 pipe is also very smooth with just a bit more punch down low. I would also like to mention run times are also very good. Tuning is a breeze with these engines. Set it and forget about it. I will report back after this weekend, my first race of the season will be at Wilson, S.C. Thanks again Lance!, so far so good these engines are living up to what you preach.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcrenew
No problem thank you. The Triton plugs are slightly cooler on both numbers.
Ok thanks a lot for the information, so the triton plugs would work in Picco engines fine then to I assume. Since the Picco will work in triton. Picco plugs aren't always available so i may order some triton when I run out of Picco.
Thanks a lot
Old 03-18-2018, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

hello everyone.. glad to be back into rc racing after a 2ish year break. called lance up a few months ago and chatted about run triton motors again as i did before i stopped racing.. lance sent me up the new l4 and l5 version with the 3 needle carbs. (well the l4 had a 2 needle but i picked up a 3 needle for it). i prefer the shorter needles for my style of driving.

well first race back was this weekend in Omaha for the techno race. so going into this race was just to shake the cars down and motors.

triton engines had plenty of power and well beyond exceptional fuel mileage.

buggy just had a 15 min main so i 1 stop was normal.
a buddy was running the l4 in his buggy and had a 10 min main and DID NOT pit for his race and got the bump spot.. next race for him again 10 min main and NO pit stops but just missed the bump spot.

but for truggy it was a 30 min main.. yup 2 pits stops for me and well i had plenty of fuel left.. ALMOST 20ML/CC OF FUEL LEFT AFTER A 10 MIN PIT STOPS IN A 30 MIN MAIN..

and i think its still a tick rich but really close to full race tune and just over 1/2 a gallon..

thank you lance and triton rc..
Attached Thumbnails Triton RC new engine...-triton-001.jpg  
Pedro Jesus likes this.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

How do Triton engines compare to OS based engines?
Old 03-19-2018, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where

triton lasts longer in my eyes. i use to run os back in the day and they didnt last very long. 3-4 gallons. but with that said it was 6-8 years ago and things probably are better. i like the power band and the longevity of the triton motors. 8-10 gallons i get out of my engines.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
triton lasts longer in my eyes. i use to run os back in the day and they didnt last very long. 3-4 gallons. but with that said it was 6-8 years ago and things probably are better. i like the power band and the longevity of the triton motors. 8-10 gallons i get out of my engines.
Thanks....
Old 03-19-2018, 10:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

People still sleeping on the L3. I don't think I could wear that engine out when I ran it. Proper break in and maintenance will make you a happy camper.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
hello everyone.. glad to be back into rc racing after a 2ish year break. called lance up a few months ago and chatted about run triton motors again as i did before i stopped racing.. lance sent me up the new l4 and l5 version with the 3 needle carbs. (well the l4 had a 2 needle but i picked up a 3 needle for it). i prefer the shorter needles for my style of driving.

well first race back was this weekend in Omaha for the techno race. so going into this race was just to shake the cars down and motors.

triton engines had plenty of power and well beyond exceptional fuel mileage.

buggy just had a 15 min main so i 1 stop was normal.
a buddy was running the l4 in his buggy and had a 10 min main and DID NOT pit for his race and got the bump spot.. next race for him again 10 min main and NO pit stops but just missed the bump spot.

but for truggy it was a 30 min main.. yup 2 pits stops for me and well i had plenty of fuel left.. ALMOST 20ML/CC OF FUEL LEFT AFTER A 10 MIN PIT STOPS IN A 30 MIN MAIN..

and i think its still a tick rich but really close to full race tune and just over 1/2 a gallon..

thank you lance and triton rc..

I think you And Jason ( both running Tritons ) were the only guys at the race (over 100 entries) who pitted at 10 minutes EVERY single time. I know a lot of people were pretty impressed with that. Glad you guys had a good race day!
J.Whiting likes this.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by STLNLST
People still sleeping on the L3. I don't think I could wear that engine out when I ran it. Proper break in and maintenance will make you a happy camper.
Oh yea the L3 is no joke! It is a fast engine and very high quality of course For around $200 you will not find a better engine.
STLNLST and J.Whiting like this.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rcrenew
Oh yea the L3 is no joke! It is a fast engine and very high quality of course For around $200 you will not find a better engine.
might have to add an L3 to my motor arsenal for different track conditions..
Old 03-26-2018, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

What is the engine characteristics of the L3? Is it a smooth buggy type engine?
Old 03-28-2018, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jeff Werner
What is the engine characteristics of the L3? Is it a smooth buggy type engine?
It has a moderate powerband which works well in both buggy and truggy. Has great bottom end and good top end.
J.Whiting likes this.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Triton L3's should be back in stock on May 5th .
Old 05-11-2018, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Race the 2018 Silver State indoor race last weekend with my L4/L5, engines ran flawless all weekend and had more than enough power for all the features on the track. Was able to come away with a 7th in Intermediate Truggy A-main and 5th in Intermediate Buggy B-main after getting monster trucked on the first lap haha! Both engines definitely had A main speed to run with other engines on the market. Thanks Triton for a solid engine at an affordable price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.