Like Tree26Likes

Triton RC new engine...

Reply

Old 12-19-2017, 02:47 PM
  #886  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Rcrenew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,033
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

All engine and pipes back in stock!

Thanks for all the messages and positive feedback guys!
Rcrenew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:50 AM
  #887  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Rcrenew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,033
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Pms replied to for faster response please email us guys.

thanks,

Lance
Rcrenew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:47 AM
  #888  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 92
Default

I got a L3 coming soon from someone who bought 2 and only used 1 then got sponsored by another company. Anyway I habe like every Picco pipe if I were to use Picco pipe on it what would be good ones to use for different conditions. Or what would work best. Also can you use Picco 5 plug or would triton plug be better. Thanks for any help.
jersey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:42 PM
  #889  
Moderator
iTrader: (60)
 
J.Whiting's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Posts: 4,584
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

i would go with the 2108 or the 2034. 2108 has a softer bottom end than the 2034 but either will be good in buggy.
i use triton plugs in mine for best results.

Last edited by J.Whiting; 01-13-2018 at 12:58 PM. Reason: added
J.Whiting is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:50 PM
  #890  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 92
Default

Ok cool thanks, would a Picco p5 plug work though? Or is it not good or diff thread? What Picco pipes would work the best on L3? I read some are almost same?
Any help is appreciated
jersey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 05:51 AM
  #891  
Moderator
iTrader: (60)
 
J.Whiting's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Posts: 4,584
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jersey View Post
Ok cool thanks, would a Picco p5 plug work though? Or is it not good or diff thread? What Picco pipes would work the best on L3? I read some are almost same?
Any help is appreciated
I think the picco plug should work but never tried. Go to tritonrc.com and look at the exhaust systems and in the descriptions it lets you know the new pipe number that replaces the old pipe number ( which is the same as the picco numbers) correct pipes are close but new pipes are new design for better performance which is why they have to have new numbers.. lance is the man on designing
J.Whiting is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:48 PM
  #892  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 92
Default

Ok cool thanks. I may get a pipe and plugs, I'm just trying to find out what works. I got the L3 for really cheap that's why I bought it. But I read all the good reviews on it and I figured maybe it would be kinda similar to Picco so I got it. Looking toward to trying it out once it warms up.
jersey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:02 PM
  #893  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 92
Default

What's the difference between the L5 and the L5 V2? Thanks
jersey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:50 PM
  #894  
Moderator
iTrader: (60)
 
J.Whiting's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Posts: 4,584
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jersey View Post
What's the difference between the L5 and the L5 V2? Thanks
the v2 has different needles in the carburetor and sleeve is a little different for better fuel mileage from what lance told me on the phone a few weeks ago while we where chatting about life. there could be more but that only lance would know..
J.Whiting is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:12 AM
  #895  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 92
Default

Thanks for the information I appreciate it! I got a L3 and L5 New off a racer that didn't use them. Comparing them to my Piccos they look super similar. The L5 looks like the team spec tx. Also the guy gave me sometriton #6 plugs. I have Picco 5 and 6 plugs and they look the same. Are the Picco and triton plugs the same thing? Same threading and heat range? Feel free to send me a pm. Seems like it's all made in same factory. Is it?
Any help is appreciated thanks!
jersey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:44 PM
  #896  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Rcrenew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,033
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jersey View Post
What's the difference between the L5 and the L5 V2? Thanks
The Crankshafts are different as well as DLCcoated, carburetor is different, crankcase is different, Pistons and sleeves are different and heads are different.

On the plugs the Threads and dimensions are the same as Picco but temperature range is not and the element is slightly different. But the Picco plugs do work fine in the Tritons.
Rcrenew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:35 PM
  #897  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 92
Default

Originally Posted by Rcrenew View Post
The Crankshafts are different as well as DLCcoated, carburetor is different, crankcase is different, Pistons and sleeves are different and heads are different.

On the plugs the Threads and dimensions are the same as Picco but temperature range is not and the element is slightly different. But the Picco plugs do work fine in the Tritons.
Thanks for getting back to me I appreciate all the info!
I got a L3 and L5 v1 from a racer, heard a lot of good things so I saw them and figured it would be good time to try them. I love my Piccos so I figured id like these. That's good I was mainly concerned about the threads.
For Picco seems like most people use #5 plug but I have Picco #5 and #6. I also have some triton plugs. For comparison would a triton plug be hotter or colder for each number. Like is a triton 5 hotter or colder then Picco 5? Is triton 6 hotter or colder then Picco 6. Or is this unknown. Any help is appreciated. Thanks again for getting back to me

Last edited by jersey; 02-01-2018 at 07:53 PM.
jersey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:35 PM
  #898  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Rcrenew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,033
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jersey View Post
Thanks for getting back to me I appreciate all the info!
I got a L3 and L5 v1 from a racer, heard a lot of good things so I saw them and figured it would be good time to try them. I love my Piccos so I figured id like these. That's good I was mainly concerned about the threads.
For Picco seems like most people use #5 plug but I have Picco #5 and #6. I also have some triton plugs. For comparison would a triton plug be hotter or colder for each number. Like is a triton 5 hotter or colder then Picco 5? Is triton 6 hotter or colder then Picco 6. Or is this unknown. Any help is appreciated. Thanks again for getting back to me

No problem thank you. The Triton plugs are slightly cooler on both numbers.
Rcrenew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:43 AM
  #899  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 509
Default

Originally Posted by Rcrenew View Post
No problem thank you. The Triton plugs are slightly cooler on both numbers.
If you don't mind me asking, is it a colder body like the Onroad plugs, or the coil?
NitroVein is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:52 PM
  #900  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Rcrenew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,033
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Coil
NitroVein likes this.
Rcrenew is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service