Like Tree50Likes

Triton RC new engine...

Old 05-09-2017, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Congrats Wesley Van Helmond for winning the Dutch Nationals with the Triton L4!
Attached Thumbnails Triton RC new engine...-triton-rc-l4-engine-.21-l5-nitro-engine.jpg   Triton RC new engine...-triton-rc-l4-.21-engine.jpg  
Old 05-09-2017, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Congrats Graham Hill . Graham was in Cheyenne, WY for their year opening race and was able to TQ and win Nitro truggy and TQ and 2nd in Nitro buggy. With the Triton L5 V2 ELITE engines.
Attached Thumbnails Triton RC new engine...-triton-rc-l5-v2-elite-l%24-elite-.21-engine.jpg  
snoborder73 likes this.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Great job Jared Wiggins and Sonny Ochoa for getting on the podium at the Midwest 1:8 Tour Rd1/JCP's final race! Jared took 2nd ran the new Triton L5 V2 ELITE and Sonny chose the Triton L4 V2 ELITE engine and took the 3rd spot. Sonny was able to pit only 2 times in the 30 minute main with fuel to spare! Nice job guys!
Attached Thumbnails Triton RC new engine...-triton-l5-v2-elite-.21-nitro-rc-engine.jpg  
brokenmoto likes this.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

ok for Triton to make a nice showing at the manufacture's cup in Chico in two weeks. Most of the team will be running in the open and 40+ class. Sure to be fun and we'll see who get's to claim to be the fastest Triton driver in this area......LOL We will have a blast.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
ok for Triton to make a nice showing at the manufacture's cup in Chico in two weeks. Most of the team will be running in the open and 40+ class. Sure to be fun and we'll see who get's to claim to be the fastest Triton driver in this area......LOL We will have a blast.
that would be me your talking about ....I am the fastest Triton driver in Nor CAL
catch me if you can...lol
Old 05-21-2017, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Good luck guys!
Old 05-21-2017, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Got an L4 engine that I am seeing a little over 8min runtime. We just change the layout on our track from tight to open.. still 8min. One of my biggest reasons for purchasing it was runtime, great idle, and smooth power band reviews I read.

Additionally, it has flamed out twice in the main two different weekends. Any ideas on why I could be seeing these issues? I really like the engine, but leading in the A main and getting beat on flamouts and poor fuel mileage is tough..
Old 05-21-2017, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by single2372
that would be me your talking about ....I am the fastest Triton driver in Nor CAL
catch me if you can...lol
What class are you running for this race? With the format of the open class you'd get 45min of runtime just in the quals. I can't pass that up? I was going to run 40+ and open but I want to concentrate on one class and watch the racing action.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rcrenew
Good luck guys!
Expect phone calls from new customers and existing driver's when they ask why the fastest engine's were sent to STLNLST:lo l: This is why we do this gents.......FOR FUN!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2017, 09:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Brandon Powell
Got an L4 engine that I am seeing a little over 8min runtime. We just change the layout on our track from tight to open.. still 8min. One of my biggest reasons for purchasing it was runtime, great idle, and smooth power band reviews I read.

Additionally, it has flamed out twice in the main two different weekends. Any ideas on why I could be seeing these issues? I really like the engine, but leading in the A main and getting beat on flamouts and poor fuel mileage is tough..
Everything is ok in the quals I assume??? The flame outs happen in the longer mains.......how much fuel is left when this occurs? As for runtime everyone's throttle finger is different. Most standard setup are a 46 spur and 13 tooth end bell. What I have seen from this has been excessive wheel spin on looser tracks resulting in not only quicker tire wear but lower fuel mileage. Some are going to 46/14 and feel they have more traction (do to less wheel spin) and improved mileage. I myself have been chasing 10min pit stops and what I was doing hasn't worked so why not try what others around me are doing? Lance will be the one to go into a more detailed response to get you pointed in the right direction. Give him a day or so and I'm sure you'll have a reply.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the response. No wheel spin, the track was double sticky in the main. Veteran driver here, so all the little basics covered. It is smooth to drive and love the power band.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Flame outs no matter which engine you are running is from either tuning, plug, fuel lines, clutch, bell hitting chassis under flex etc... Or the engines is damaged.

So its hard to say exactly. There is a detailed tuning guide on the Triton website under the support tab. They do tune a little different than other engines so May be good to have a look at that.

As far as mileage the Tritons do get great mileage. Which is why you hear the feedback comments about that. But driving style, track tuning all come into play

. There are some guys who I have seen chase the 10 minute engine and have tried every brand out there and never get it. Point being so much is driver that again its hard to say.

Make sure you are running Triton plugs as they are picky with the plugs. If you check all the other items and try retuning Also try other fuel just to see.

People never want to think that is is fuel, or a fuel tanks etc.... But I work on engines of all brands and I hear it every day from guys running all brands how they overlooked a small detail or just didn't change something because they assumed it was fine. But in the end most of the time it is one of these other things.

You can also give me a call and I will try and help out.

951-805-1566
Old 06-05-2017, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Default Nice job guys

Nice job guys! Sweep it up
Attached Thumbnails Triton RC new engine...-18838870_1572346802799836_2066229047645254954_n.jpg  
Old 06-08-2017, 06:39 PM
Tech Champion

So who was the highest placing driver in Chico? My L3 was on fire. Bad luck had me in the back of the pack at the start of the A-main. Man that motor rips though. 2034 pipe and 25% VP Pro fuel. Getting ready for CVR in a could of weeks for their first points race. The L3 will be on display there as well. Was going to try and make it to the JBRL race but most of the guys are leaving Thursday and I can't miss more work
Old 06-09-2017, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by STLNLST
So who was the highest placing driver in Chico? My L3 was on fire. Bad luck had me in the back of the pack at the start of the A-main. Man that motor rips though. 2034 pipe and 25% VP Pro fuel. Getting ready for CVR in a could of weeks for their first points race. The L3 will be on display there as well. Was going to try and make it to the JBRL race but most of the guys are leaving Thursday and I can't miss more work
Yea the L3 is a super fast and competitive engine for sure! I get comments all the time on how fast and well they perform. They are faster than a lot of other engines out there, get great mileage and are very high quality so don't let the price tag fool ya

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.