Like Tree3Likes

RC Concepts

Old 12-09-2017, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Anyone running the MC3? If so whats it comparible too,
I am running the mc3 engine. Really in comparison to anything out there, it is your typical picco with more top end and a really smooth overall powerband. The bottom end hit is enough to force any properly setup buggy to dig in and make the short shoot up to the jump out of a corner and clear with ease.

Tuning and fuel mileage is great. I used RC Concept's youtube video for tuning and I can pull 9-10 mins easily with 260F temps after 30min mains.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Anyone still running these engines? I stumbled across their site and seen the mc3 had a dlc crank and for under 300$ and was just wondering if anybody had experience with them.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Yes, great motors, based on Picco's. I have run the MC5 Ceramic no issues, and have now even installed it into my sons 1:8 Onroad car with a new PSR set. Still going strong. We have also run the MC3 in 1/8 buggy, and it too was a good motor, good mileage and the ability to hold a tune. Good support in the US too! Easy to get a hold of.
Pedro Jesus and jersey like this.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kman16jr View Post
Anyone still running these engines? I stumbled across their site and seen the mc3 had a dlc crank and for under 300$ and was just wondering if anybody had experience with them.
I have ran every motor from the mc3r to the mc5x. They are all great engines and I continue to run them today. The X-line have the high efficiency carb which makes tuning a since and run time of 10mins is easily achievable when tuned correctly. I recommend running the rc3 or p3 plug all the time and once you get it tuned if you have issues change the plug first before messing with the tune.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kman16jr View Post
I have two MC3X's and an MC5X. I really like the 5 and the 3 in the nitro buggy (XB8). I threw the 5 in for DNC this year and it was amazing. I thought I wouldn't like going back to the 3, as the 5 usually is in the truggy, but I was just as impressed on our home track with the 3 as the 5. Car can handle everything on our track with the 3 easily and hangs with the other big boys' engines.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:51 PM
Tech Adept

I found the first lot of RC Concepts not so good for me. Leaks from around the front bearing, wouldn’t hold a tune ect ect. I’ve tried the new Rc Comcepts engines and they have been great.
Have since gone back to novarossi though

Last edited by 1/8 IC Fan; 03-22-2019 at 08:01 AM. Reason: clarification :)