O.S. Speed Spec 2 Help

Old 11-26-2014, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default O.S. Speed Spec 2 Help

Hey guys. I bought a new O.S. Speed. I started the break in process on it yesterday. Something I noticed and didn't really like is that when i received the motor the piston was stuck at TDC. Is that normal? To ship a engine like that? After running the engine in on the break in stand I feel like the engine has little compression.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default Weird

Originally Posted by masher81 View Post
Hey guys. I bought a new O.S. Speed. I started the break in process on it yesterday. Something I noticed and didn't really like is that when i received the motor the piston was stuck at TDC. Is that normal? To ship a engine like that? After running the engine in on the break in stand I feel like the engine has little compression.

That has not happened to me. I don't know how that could of happened during shipping. They are so tight new. Make sure to preheat the motor so it's has less strain. Did you look at the piston to see how it looks?
Old 11-27-2014, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Buddy of mine got his speed the same day I got my bullitt. His motor was also stuck out of the box(mine wasn't, they are the same engine). I put my head heater on it... ended up it was barely in the pinch as it only took about 130 degrees for it to come out and it wasn't a full rotation, like it was just barely pushed in. His break-in went flawlessly and his motor rips.

I thought "holy shit" initially, then it ended up not being a big deal in the end.

How many tanks does the motor have on it now?
Old 11-27-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

1-2 out of every 10 engines we get in the shop come like that. It's just something that happens occasionally. It's not a big deal. Just heat it slightly and it frees right up like Billy said and then proceed with break in.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the info guys. I always heat my engines to 230-250 before starting them. I ran about 8 tanks through it on the break in stand. I am probably just being overly paranoid. This is my first new OS engine. The break in so far has been much easier than the Nova engines I have broke in previously. I think the OS has less pinch than the Novas.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tmachine View Post
Did you look at the piston to see how it looks?

I did take it apart. Everything looks good.