trouble with 3.3 engine

Old 11-20-2014, 05:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy trouble with 3.3 engine

i have a almost new (few hours of running time) traxxas 3.3 engine which is used for my Tmaxx. I am having trouble when trying to start it. when using either the pull start or easy start the engine will make 2 or maybe 3 cycles and then the string goes slack or motor in easy start just spins freely without turning engine. i thought 1 way bearing was slipping but if i hold fly wheel tight to keep starter rod from turning i cant even get bearing to slip if i try to turn it with wrench. any ideas on what is causing this problem?
Old 11-21-2014, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tmaxx guy View Post
i have a almost new (few hours of running time) traxxas 3.3 engine which is used for my Tmaxx. I am having trouble when trying to start it. when using either the pull start or easy start the engine will make 2 or maybe 3 cycles and then the string goes slack or motor in easy start just spins freely without turning engine. i thought 1 way bearing was slipping but if i hold fly wheel tight to keep starter rod from turning i cant even get bearing to slip if i try to turn it with wrench. any ideas on what is causing this problem?
You have the one way bearing put in the wrong way!
Old 11-21-2014, 08:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Not that simple. I said in original post that engine would turn couple of cycle then ez start would then start spinning freely. Bearing is put in right way, if I remove starter and try to get bearing to turn/slip without turning engine it won't.