Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Clutch Shoes

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 10:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile Kyosho Clutch Shoes

I am looking to buy some Kyosho Clutch Shoes for my Kyosho DMT truck it has a gxr18 motor. i dont know with ones to get the Aluminum or Carbon Clutch shoes.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcT04
I am looking to buy some Kyosho Clutch Shoes for my Kyosho DMT truck it has a gxr18 motor. i dont know with ones to get the Aluminum or Carbon Clutch shoes.
get aluminum shoes. I have many sets of the carbon and silver aluminum with a few blue aluminum shoes as well. I race buggy not a truck but I am sure you are bashing and prefer a hard hitting clutch. When I did my first testing I ran 3 carbon, on the top they were great, but when I punched it I could feel it slip a bit. I then tested one carbon 2 blue shoes and it felt great on both top and bottom. Because I have more of the silver aluminum shoes I also tested 1 carbon and 2 aluminum and it felt to me just like the blue shoes. Over all I am not the fastest guy but between 1 carbon and 0 carbon I haven't really seen much if any difference worth spending more money and mixing and matching as a non sponsored driver, however if money was not an object I might do more testing and really be able to see the difference if there is any. Hope this helps