Sidewinder Fuels

Old 05-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Sidewinder Fuels

I have a 2003 NovaRossi Rex PR-21 P5/N that has never been turned over. Monty recommends Byron's, and I don't doubt him, it's proven itself year after year. The only one that carries it here, that I know of, is the prick at HobbyTown who I won't buy from. EDIT: I need to make it clear that this is not a blanket statement for the folks that work there, lot of good guys there. Owner's an ass though.

I've always used Sidewinders Backyard Basher, even on the track since I'm not a fast driver. My question is, do any of you know if there is a good castor blend in any of Sidewinders fuel? They advertise a synthetic/castor blend in some of it but of course they don't tell how much. Thanks.

Last edited by BrettL; 05-04-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrettL
I have a 2003 NovaRossi Rex PR-21 P5/N that has never been turned over. Monty recommends Byron's, and I don't doubt him, it's proven itself year after year. The only one that carries it here, that I know of, is the prick at HobbyTown who I won't buy from. EDIT: I need to make it clear that this is not a blanket statement for the folks that work there, lot of good guys there. Owner's an ass though.

I've always used Sidewinders Backyard Basher, even on the track since I'm not a fast driver. My question is, do any of you know if there is a good castor blend in any of Sidewinders fuel? They advertise a synthetic/castor blend in some of it but of course they don't tell how much. Thanks.
Morgan Fuels ( Sidewinder, Cool Power, etc) are great fuels. I used to run them religiously. Only reason I run Byrons now is cuz the only place that sells it is 3 hours away. If the local shop starts selling it again, I will switch even if I have a case of Byrons.

The Sidewinder comes in a 10% and 12% I believe 16-40% nitro. I think the only one that is a 9% is the Strike V2. The Backyard Basher is a 16% but only comes in 20% nitro content. The oil blend being of castor and synthetic is usually around 60/40.

Check out their site.
www.morganfuel.com.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

Default Fuel

Thanks for the input. I've been flying and bashing for over 25 years and, near as I can recall, using Morgan fuels all along. I did check out their site and it does list some fuels having a mix of castor/sythetic, but, of course, not the mix ratio. I suppose it's safe to assume the Backyard Basher has a liberal mix. I put at least 5 or 6 gallons through my 10 year old RB and I'm kicking myself for selling it with my old Storm. It was still strong and reliable after all those years and all that fuel.

So if I go Sidewinder, what do you all think, Backyard Basher? Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:46 AM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have heard good things about Bones Brew. You can get it for 30.00 a gallon
shipped , but you have to order it in quarts.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Tech Addict

Default Sidewinder and Omega pink

I received a very timely reply from Fred Lewis of Morgan Fuels. He writes that Omega, the pink stuff has the most lubricant and highest castor content in their fuels. I never realized Omega was a car fuel.