Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Lrp Z.28R Ofna ultra lx comp (clutch upgrade) >

Lrp Z.28R Ofna ultra lx comp (clutch upgrade)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lrp Z.28R Ofna ultra lx comp (clutch upgrade)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Default Lrp Z.28R Ofna ultra lx comp (clutch upgrade)

Hey guys got an LRP Z.28R on an upgraded onfa ultra lx comp and have put almost 2 gallons thru the motor and its everything I wanted such a beast! and it is time for a clutch upgrade as I have been running the stock composite clutch. I want to try and aluminum but do not know as a basher if I should use a light shoe or med shoe and the spring type..?? I also want to run more top end and the current gearing is 15t pinion and 51t spur so should I increase the bell to 16t or 17t thoughts on that would be great also...?? Lastly I run a JP-2 pipe and didnt know if upgrading it would help also maybe a JP-3 or 4...?? Thanks for your comments!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Medium shoes with 1.0 springs. The JP pipes are kinda vague. Try the 086 pipe, its a monster on the top.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

An LRP Spec 3 with JP-2 combo is AWESOME for silly power... Bit thirsty, but still - for raw power it's hard to beat IMO..

As far as the clutch, no doubt about it, the best option IMO is the Fioroni slider. You'd also need a new clutch bell (17t would probably be fine..) since the shoes are carbon. The Fioroni is pricey, but it will outlast your car, AND the next one.. It is BY FAR the lowest maintenance clutch you will ever come across - and, since the shoes are carbon, your clutch bells will last MUCH longer too. Change the bearings every couple gallons, and that's it.. I have two of them, each with what must be up over ten gallons and still going strong.. NO maintenance.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Clutch-System

Note - this clutch is not for use on .21's. .26's and up..

Alu-shoes will give you more bite(you don't really need that with a .28 anyway..) and a bit better performance on a track for racing..., but you might only get a gallon out of them, you'll need to file off the burs, clean out (and eventually replace) your CB.. So actually, if you plan on being into your RC for awhile, the Fioroni can actually save you money too...
Old 08-08-2013, 03:10 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks guys I appreciate it.....I am also having to much wheel spin in the front and the tires swell up so I wanna try and transfer more power to the rear....currently there is 7k et in all three diff's. Comments on that?? Thanks
Old 08-08-2013, 03:11 AM
Tech Regular

The 086 pipe...who is that made by I've heard of it before?