Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Hobao Hyper 7 air filter issue >

Hobao Hyper 7 air filter issue

Hobao Hyper 7 air filter issue

Old 07-27-2013, 05:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Angry Hobao Hyper 7 air filter issue

Hello guys,

I recently purchased a Hobao Hyper 7 TQ2 .21, and I have had some issues starting it due to the air filter.

I installed both blue oiled air filter and the normal yellow air filter sponges onto the air filter together, I can start the engine, however it only stays started for 10 seconds or so, I then removed the blue air filter sponge and kept the yellow sponge on and the car runs perfectly, no problems at all, the thing is, do I need the oiled blue air filter sponge as well as the normal air filter sponge?

Thanks,

Lewis
Old 07-27-2013, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

OIl the inner filter and not the outer. Make sure you squeeze all the excess oil out of the inner filter by squeezing it in a paper towel.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah, I did that before I installed it, and I have put it underneath the outer filter.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Always oil both inner & outer filter & always use both of them if you want your engine to be properly protected, specially when there is dust around.
If the filter is restricting airflow then there is to much oil, squash the excess out with paper towel or a rag of some sort until the filter is just damp & when touched you only get a slight bit of oil on your fingers.
I use reasonably thick car engine oil & don't have a problem & I always oil both filters for the best protection, my engine runs fine & I have very rarely had any dirt/dust on the inside filter.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Okay thanks guys, it seems to be that there is too much oil on the filter as you have said, I will squeeze the excess oil off tomorrow and see if that makes a difference.