Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Rc engine hard to start after hot >

Rc engine hard to start after hot

Rc engine hard to start after hot

Old 07-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Tech Adept

Default Rc engine hard to start after hot

I was driving my car at the track earlier tonight and after it was hot it took a pretty long time to start it back up, I used my frinds igniter and mine they both took a long time either way what could be the problem I know it not that the engine is old it has about 2 gallons on it so it won't be that
Old 07-25-2013, 01:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

how hot is hot? i've had similar issues before where the engine gets so hot the fuel that enters the carby sizzles right away. it was a tuning issue when i first started learning running nitro. It was the carb on an el cheapo SH engine that was inconsistent.

As soon as it cools down, it starts right up.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

On the SH engines, it's vapor lock. Carb is cooled by the fuel air flowing thru it, once the that stops, the carb gets hot and the fuel will boil back up the line when it get to the hot carb.

It's not a tuning issue, so much as it is an issue with no heat barrier between the engine and the carb.

I put a Picco carb in my old Losi 350(SH engine) and never had the problem ever again.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1 on this. Look at your fuel line when you can't get the engine started. If you see an air pocket just before the carb in the line and it won't work its way through, your carb is too hot. Take a piece of fuel line and attach it to your pressure nipple on the tank and blow into it. You will hear the fuel sizzle in the the carb until it cools down.