Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Best Way to Clean "DIRTY" Exhaust Pipes?? >

Best Way to Clean "DIRTY" Exhaust Pipes??

Like Tree1Likes

Best Way to Clean "DIRTY" Exhaust Pipes??

Old 07-23-2013, 05:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Really?? You have nothing better to do then check spelling. If you have nothing positive to contribute to this thread about pipe cleaning then stay off of it. You guys come on these threads that have been asked multiple times and you get pissed because the subject has been discussed many times but yet you still feel the need to post. You could just post a simple reply but instead you bitch about someone not using the search function. If all you are going to do is bitch or put someone down DON'T READ IT!!
Old 07-23-2013, 07:04 AM
Tech Lord

OK, you are right, as always.....

But tell me, why should we answer the same questions over and over again?
Old 07-23-2013, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roelof
OK, you are right, as always.....

But tell me, why should we answer the same questions over and over again?
No-one said you or anyone else has to answer anything if you don't want to.
If you don't like a thread then just don't look, its simple really, why cause all the shit over a simple thread or post on a forum, its not needed.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

+1 That's just it, you do not have to answer crap. You don't even have to read it if you don't want. If you see a thread has been posted multiple times and it pisses you off then skip over it instead of coming on here and being a DICK!! Is there a search function?? YES!! I did use it NO!! Get over it. I posted a simple question that only needs a simple answer and seeing how there are many threads on the subject people are obviously very interested in the topic. Thank you to the few that actually posted answers and were not dicks about it.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Lord

Be real, you are the lazy guy not spending even a minute to find all those topics.
In all that time you could have found and read all those topics with lots of information.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Roelof
Be real, you are the lazy guy not spending even a minute to find all those topics.
In all that time you could have found and read all those topics with lots of information.
+1 but he will refuse to see it that way. He will just keep asking OTHERS to do what he is to lazy to do.
He even say it himself if you read between the lines "I just post here so someone else can spend their time to save my time!"
Old 07-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Joe you asked a question and he gave you a link, that you thought was in bad taste when it's only a click away. I would have done the same thing and you people would be on me for the same thing having a rant about me when I was only keeping simple. And someone else posted a link also and you guys did not rant on him. This got out of hand over a link, Think guys it was help from the get-go.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

IBTL
Old 07-23-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

You guys are right, I must be LAZY because I posted a question that has been asked multiple times and didn't use the SEACRH function first. I apologize to all of you that I pissed off and offended by posting this question because of my laziness. I promise to never do it again. Please forgive me

BTW, the first link posted was to google which kind of set the tone for this whole thread unfortunately. All I was looking for was a quick simple answer and what I got was a bunch of guys being assholes.

Thanks for your contribution to RCTECH!!
Old 07-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I use those greenish blue SOS pads with the soap in them. It does a good job at getting all the crud off and it doesn't scratch it up either.

I prefer this method to using antifreeze.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the reply. I will give those a try first before I try the antifreeze.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If the first guy had said "boil them in antifreeze" instead of posting a link to a search, none of this would be here. A little counterproductive to what you are trying to accomplish by busting the guys balls in the first place isn't it?

Guys like this are on every forum, doesn't matter what the topic is. 10 tiny little crowned fingers smashing away on the keyboard, acting like they are in charge of something.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeC
Thanks for the reply. I will give those a try first before I try the antifreeze.
The boiling in anti-freeze is to clean the inside of the pipe. Using sos pads will only work for the exterior of the pipe. I use fine steal wool, and then I polish it with a buffer on my dremel.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Try Cemtone carburetor cleaner. It knocks down baked on oil like soap on a dirty pig
You can buy it at any auto store. I thinks its easer than cooking radiator fumes.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Sanding files

I went to a beauty supply store and picked up several sanding files. The ones with foam in the middle. They come in small to large course to fine. Depending on the amount of gunk that is baked on I use rough to fine and finish it off with some mothers polish. Like new.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.