FRONT BEARINGS

Old 06-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Try some PB Blaster. It fixes anything.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Any opinions on what you guys think is the best front bearing ?

Or what bearings you have had last how long?

Most bearings are ok but fail any sort of sealing very quickly !
Old 06-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Tech Lord

The frontbearing is a common size which can be found in many catalogues of the larger companies like INA, NSK, SKF etc
Old 06-08-2013, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My TKO with a buku cap on it is doing great. The first one without a cap, the seal came off by the second tank of fuel, for whatever reason. I have about a gallon on it and it's smooth as can be...
Old 06-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
Any opinions on what you guys think is the best front bearing ?

Or what bearings you have had last how long?

Most bearings are ok but fail any sort of sealing very quickly !
The best would be the Nova 17011.
But I am liking the seal on the Avids for the $, it lasts very well and doesn't flake apart like some others I have seen. Recently Avid changed to one seal instead of 2, I personally was not in favor of that.

What is everyones thought, inner seal or not?

Rex
Old 06-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

I use the SKF 607RS2 for many years, never hat one fail on me i leave both seals on.
They can be bought at most hardware stores, also alot cheaper then the bearings from the engine manufactory's, like Roelof said we use a common size Industrial bearing.
I no that the manufactor needs to make money but, some prizes for products are just to much in my opinion front bearings being one off them.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I think the Nova duel seal metal is the best, that being said, I have been using the Answer-RC ceramic front bearing for replacement when needed and have been extremely please with them for the last few years. I look at it like this. Your front bearing is never going to last the entire life of the engine anyway. The answer Ceramics for around $10 have been working great for me and is usually the bearing I recommend here at the shop. I will say though that the Avid single shield metal for $5 is also a very big seller for us strictly based on price. We cater to mostly racers only and they change out the front bearings on their engines every 2-3 gallons whether they need it or not, more as an insurance policy for these high dollar micro motors we run. Answer now also has a duel shield metal bearing that is super cheap and works well also. The BUKU caps have been a game changer for front bearing sealing and to prevent dirt ingestion! With these new caps, the days of the $30-$80 front bearings are over.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I tried the Buku caps and I guess because my bearing was new...i didn't see the great change in performance that everyone else saw, plus the cap and clutch together don't fit well on the MBX7. I'll just keep using the 17011 untill a cheaper / better alternative is found.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Just a small heads-up here, I bought some IBU bearings thinking they were a brand name, and were cheap. 4pcs for 4 euros. They couldn't be too bad, right?

Weeeellll.... it turns out a Novarossi crankshaft will not enter the bearing. So basicly their inner centre hole is just that couple of hundredths off in precision. So you can't use them.

I'll only buy SKF in the future, even if they're 4 euros each bearing
Old 06-20-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

I stuck the crankshaft in the freezer for an hour and a half and it did enter into the IBU bearing with some moderate use of force!
Old 06-20-2013, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E
I stuck the crankshaft in the freezer for an hour and a half and it did enter into the IBU bearing with some moderate use of force!
careful with that......as a day may come when you will not be able to remove that bearing from that crankshaft, they will nearly fuse together and will take a act of god to separate them without the proper tooling... So that means when you try to remove the crankshaft from the engine the rear bearing will come with it.......a total PITA to deal with !
Old 06-21-2013, 01:15 AM
Tech Lord

Beside that, the crankshaft has to move in the main bearing to deal with the expansion of the crank case.

Last edited by Roelof; 06-21-2013 at 02:04 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
Have you tried turning it off and back on?
HAHAHAHA. This is the best post of the whole thread.

The dumb ass at dish network told me to do the same thing last night with a "technical" problem I was having with the DVR.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton

The dumb ass at dish network told me to do the same thing last night with a "technical" problem I was having with the DVR.
you just have to jiggle it! It works fine!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton

I am Computer/pos Technician by trade and i can tell you 90% of all computer related (tvs inclucded) can be resolved by simply restarting them.

The reason for it is because it dumps the random access memory (RAM) allowing it to run properly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.