Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
What would be a good brand for a 1/8 scale buggy tuned pipe? >

What would be a good brand for a 1/8 scale buggy tuned pipe?

What would be a good brand for a 1/8 scale buggy tuned pipe?

Old 05-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Suspended

Cool What would be a good brand for a 1/8 scale buggy tuned pipe?

want to get a better exhaust pipe for my buggy and was told that different pipes can change its performance help please
Old 05-19-2013, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

The GO Engines 2072 pipe is pretty good for power & is meant to work alright on many engines from what I have read & they don't cost as much as some others which is good to. Also the JP pipes like the JP-3 & JP-4 might do a good job as well. Some pipes will give more power lower in the rev range while other will help make power higher in the rev range, some will make the engine use more fuel & some less.
The GO pipe is meant to be a good all round pipe I think, works well on my buggy but I have a GO based engine to.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

What engine are you running.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

you need to stop generating new threads. there is a plethora of information pertaining to this topic amongst the long established threads.

PS YOU ARE NOT BATMAN. I AM!
Old 05-20-2013, 12:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Novarossi pipes are great pipes and so are the Orion/werks/nvision 2058 and 2013. My favorite pipes are the Novarossi 2096 for buggy, 9853 for truggy and the above mentioned 2058 and 2013. The 2096 is a great pipe and so is the 9901 but they are smooth which makes them seem soft but they really aren't that soft, the 2058 is very punchy and feels great but can get away from you on bottom.

Who cares if this post is somewhere in the forums already peoples opinions change as they try new things, and I for one would not look in the search forum just to "SEE" if there was already a post that I could add to. If you don't like people making new posts then don't post in them telling them not to make new posts. Free world...
Old 05-20-2013, 03:59 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by prowlag View Post
you need to stop generating new threads. there is a plethora of information pertaining to this topic amongst the long established threads.

PS YOU ARE NOT BATMAN. I AM!
dude #1 don't touch the batman thing and #2 the search engine finds words in threads and posts and is very difficult to use honstly out of the thousands of threads i have mabye 15 and they dont bother anyone you aren't forced to open them just ignor threads you don't like
realy if my threads are the worst thing in your life then you doing well mate

I AM
Old 05-20-2013, 04:05 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jeromerc View Post
Novarossi pipes are great pipes and so are the Orion/werks/nvision 2058 and 2013. My favorite pipes are the Novarossi 2096 for buggy, 9853 for truggy and the above mentioned 2058 and 2013. The 2096 is a great pipe and so is the 9901 but they are smooth which makes them seem soft but they really aren't that soft, the 2058 is very punchy and feels great but can get away from you on bottom.

Who cares if this post is somewhere in the forums already peoples opinions change as they try new things, and I for one would not look in the search forum just to "SEE" if there was already a post that I could add to. If you don't like people making new posts then don't post in them telling them not to make new posts. Free world...
thank you
Old 05-20-2013, 05:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Picking a pipe is 100% reliant on what engine you run.............. blindly buying a pipe wont help you much without first knowing if the pipe works on your engine....

However if I were to pick one pipe to get it would be a Werks 2058..........I like the punch it has......one of the last pipes I would get is a 2096 as it has little bottom end, which on my track is a no go......
Old 05-20-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Picking a pipe is 100% reliant on what engine you run.............. blindly buying a pipe wont help you much without first knowing if the pipe works on your engine....

However if I were to pick one pipe to get it would be a Werks 2058..........I like the punch it has......one of the last pipes I would get is a 2096 as it has little bottom end, which on my track is a no go......
Thats funny! Not arguing with you Neil but... we have a few massive jumps and I can stop with my X3LFM and the 2096 on the ramp and clear them with ease but with my 2058 it is a no go.

But...... it does feel softer than the 2058 on bottom and that is why it is funny! People at our track are amazed with the pipe and the engine and can't believe it on the run ups even with the "soft" bottom I also agree that the 2058 pipe is my second favorite pipe on the market, it seems to work great with every engine I have tried it on, OS, Orion, Nvision, Novarossi, Werks, Alpha, Fusion. But as you said it is more about the engine with some pipes being great all around pipes for "MOST" engines
Old 05-20-2013, 06:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeromerc View Post
Thats funny! Not arguing with you Neil but... we have a few massive jumps and I can stop with my X3LFM and the 2096 on the ramp and clear them with ease but with my 2058 it is a no go.

But...... it does feel softer than the 2058 on bottom and that is why it is funny! People at our track are amazed with the pipe and the engine and can't believe it on the run ups even with the "soft" bottom I also agree that the 2058 pipe is my second favorite pipe on the market, it seems to work great with every engine I have tried it on, OS, Orion, Nvision, Novarossi, Werks, Alpha, Fusion. But as you said it is more about the engine with some pipes being great all around pipes for "MOST" engines

2058 makes much more low end power on every engine I have tested...it is not even comparable actually...the 2096 is very soft down low and it really shows when there is traction..........

However if you have a very slippery track maybe the 2058 is breaking your tires loose and causing you to lose forward momentum.....whereas the 2096 takes enough power away from the bottom end that you don't slip your tires and the car maintains forward momentum.........