Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
FX Royal Racing Engine Thread >

FX Royal Racing Engine Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree61Likes

FX Royal Racing Engine Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hehe

Makin an engine is obviously not an easy task. I respect him for going for broke although I bet his wife was pissed off when she saw the bill.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by merdith6
Makin an engine is obviously not an easy task. I respect him for going for broke although I bet his wife was pissed off when she saw the bill.
Very true... All those machines are a huge investment with which you have to sell a lot of engines in the next 5 years to make a profit.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:00 PM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I dont think anyone makes a profit in rc anymore
Old 06-12-2013, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Pretty sure the companies do. They don't do it for fun. The good hobby shops with online sites, with loyal customers are doing ok I'm sure.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

The neobuggy read was very informative. As I was reading, I couldn't stop thinking about all the operational cost from purchasing, planning and setup. Give them a ton a credit. you gain so much information and control if you control your dream but it's expensive. I hope these engines are priced competitively.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any idea when they are to be released
Old 06-29-2013, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCRACER2X
Any idea when they are to be released
Well I'm guessing next month, but before the end of this year hopefully..
Old 06-30-2013, 12:32 PM
am
Tech Master

We had one at the race today. Looked fast and decent fuelconsuption. he had to drive careful and then make 10 minutes. he went out of fuel 10 meters after the finsihline- LOL but enough to get into the finale.

Looked good and supposedly very easy to adjust and running Nice :-)
Old 07-01-2013, 06:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The engines are probably very nice and high quality, but I don't think they are any better than if he had Novarossi or OS make it to his Specs like some guys already do. The whole "read" is a bunch of commercial, marketing plot to me. I don't blame him, you gotta advertise the products, but this stuff can be so misleading to the average Joe.

I'm a mechanical engineer, so I'm not fooled by things such as "the finest Italian and Swiss machines" or "The finest German Aluminum" ... or "The best European materials" etc etc etc. High grade aluminum is high-grade aluminum, there are standards that these materials have to stack up to in order to be characterized as high-grade (as well as heat treatments such as T6 for 7075-grade Al that we commonly use in our chassis and towers).... qualities such as hardness, young's modulus (elasticity), strength, and flow stress. Also, machines are machines, whether they are Swiss, Italian, German, American, Chinese, etc.... all that is needed is accuracy, reliability and very tight tolerances. This is not unique to Swiss and Italian machines, for example.

I know the guy is trying to sell his product, but too often people see this "fancy" language and make decisions based on this. I'm sure Novarossi also uses the "finest Italian machines"

Don't get me wrong, I respect the guy, as an engineer and fellow hobbyist I know exactly WHY he wants to make all his parts in house and control 100% of his quality output.... but from a business side, I can only imagine the amounts of money he had to put down towards those machines for a product that is already dominated by a few companies (Nova, OS, Picco). I just don't see the business model behind this. Anyone with more of a business background care to chime in on this?

I definitely look forward to seeing one in person, since the read and Neobuggy puts a lot of hype behind the engines, I want to see what makes them "better" than what I can buy for $300 on Amain, or are they just another over-priced engine? Thoughts?
Old 07-01-2013, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

I replaced my post with one word: hype

--

I was actually curious too see the article because I actually read the comments here before knowing what it's about (expect an offroad engine obviously) and once
I finally clicked the article and saw "Juraj" there I laughed my ass off and understood what you guys are saying immediately.

--

SKODA of RC

Last edited by MikaR; 07-01-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikaR
I replaced my post with one word: hype

--

I was actually curious too see the article because I actually read the comments here before knowing what it's about (expect an offroad engine obviously) and once
I finally clicked the article and saw "Juraj" there I laughed my ass off and understood what you guys are saying immediately.

--

SKODA of RC
This is quite humorous. All of the buggies on the market share numerous similarities, but to say the Xray is a copy of the MP9 is just flat out comical. The 2 cars are vastly different, especially the chassis and steering components.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:48 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I've been reading way too much of this stuff. I had a dream that I was watching Hudy making forged, folded aluminum rods.

And yes, I am aware there is no such thing. Like I said, it was a dream.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrokiller123
The engines are probably very nice and high quality, but I don't think they are any better than if he had Novarossi or OS make it to his Specs like some guys already do. The whole "read" is a bunch of commercial, marketing plot to me. I don't blame him, you gotta advertise the products, but this stuff can be so misleading to the average Joe.

I'm a mechanical engineer, so I'm not fooled by things such as "the finest Italian and Swiss machines" or "The finest German Aluminum" ... or "The best European materials" etc etc etc. High grade aluminum is high-grade aluminum, there are standards that these materials have to stack up to in order to be characterized as high-grade (as well as heat treatments such as T6 for 7075-grade Al that we commonly use in our chassis and towers).... qualities such as hardness, young's modulus (elasticity), strength, and flow stress. Also, machines are machines, whether they are Swiss, Italian, German, American, Chinese, etc.... all that is needed is accuracy, reliability and very tight tolerances. This is not unique to Swiss and Italian machines, for example.

I know the guy is trying to sell his product, but too often people see this "fancy" language and make decisions based on this. I'm sure Novarossi also uses the "finest Italian machines"

Don't get me wrong, I respect the guy, as an engineer and fellow hobbyist I know exactly WHY he wants to make all his parts in house and control 100% of his quality output.... but from a business side, I can only imagine the amounts of money he had to put down towards those machines for a product that is already dominated by a few companies (Nova, OS, Picco). I just don't see the business model behind this. Anyone with more of a business background care to chime in on this?

I definitely look forward to seeing one in person, since the read and Neobuggy puts a lot of hype behind the engines, I want to see what makes them "better" than what I can buy for $300 on Amain, or are they just another over-priced engine? Thoughts?
How dare you bring some common sense to this thread?
Now seriously,which engine did FX copied?I mean,which engine does FX compares to?
Old 07-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
How dare you bring some common sense to this thread?
Now seriously,which engine did FX copied?I mean,which engine does FX compares to?A bottom-end one or a top-end one?
Mechanically speaking, they are all exactly the same so take your pick.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
Mechanically speaking, they are all exactly the same so take your pick.
I wouldn't go as far as to say that! Though the concept is the same throughout, tolerance levels are NOT the same, as well as timing, port design, flow design, etc.

They are all comparable, that's a more accurate statement

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.