Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
The Official FX Royal Racing Engine Thread >

The Official FX Royal Racing Engine Thread

Like Tree11Likes

The Official FX Royal Racing Engine Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 02:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the replies chaps!
I have a K3 and 2131 pipe on the way. Will post back when I've got it run in and on the track, might not be for a while with all the rain we've been having though
Old 10-02-2016, 04:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys.

Let me say until now I prefer always O.S. engines. I bought the new FX K3 a couple of days ago with his pipe 2131 just for curiosity and good price from my local shop. Now I got on him aroud 1/3 of gallon. I'm still on "break in" procedure. It is very early for an opinion but for now everything looks verry positive! The break in was verry easy and everything works soo smooth. I can not wait to try this engine in the following races. I'll report
Old 10-03-2016, 12:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Have just started break-in on my K3 today and mine has been the same, fired up first bump and ran very smooth. Responds to adjustments well to keep steady temp.
I was already impressed when it turned up in the silky packaging with glossy books haha.
Can't wait to get some more fuel through it and see how it goes on the track
Old 10-07-2016, 10:28 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm guessing the new 2131 pipe is very similar to the os 2090 pipe as the bore and stroke of the k3 is the same as the os b2101.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
No, just a guy who want to see a real story than only some commercial selling crap. The focus is a bit blown up to the machines, expertise, quality and the used software to give an idea that also the product must have a high quality. True, the whole story is nice to read and does give some insight information with some question marks and I am sure Hudy stands for quality but even SH and Force can make a competive offroad engine without telling which (crappy?) machines they use.

The only real information most of us want to know is if it can outperform all others with a good lifespan and will others follow like a .25, .28 and .12/.21 onroad.

my god Roelof, even your response to the Negative Nelly comment was Negative! Its tough to make brand new cnc type machines look cool - but red lighting helps set the mood as military quality. you can read what machines they use by just looking at the pics. having done that we are talking about very high end stuff.

your comment that 'the only real information most of us want to know is.." it total BS. I don't care about any of the items you rattled off, Nelly!
Old 10-08-2016, 01:27 AM
Tech Champion

Nobody needs a "military quality" toy car engine. At a "military quality" price either. It's marketing. No doubt their engines are good. But it's still just marketing.
Old 10-08-2016, 01:30 AM
Tech Champion

O no, not negative. If you want to promote an engine why the story of all machinery with pictures directly from the brands catalog?
Old 10-08-2016, 02:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post
Nobody needs a "military quality" toy car engine. At a "military quality" price either. It's marketing. No doubt their engines are good. But it's still just marketing.
Not trying to be a devils advocate or a troll at all. But Marketing is like 50% of our cool niche sport. I personally love cool looking cars, components, and even hidden stuff that is anodized.. give me a nice red light and I feel like i'm on a B52 during the SAC flights in the 50's.

You don't think you need a military quality toy car engine? I make military quality stuff and non military - the only real difference is you write down the measurements for every tiny thing, and actually I think Mr. Hudy does that anyway.

I'd venture to say our engines and components are higher than military grade - these are boutique rc cars that cost more than most small used full sized cars when you factor in ancillaries.
Old 10-08-2016, 02:10 AM
Tech Champion

IMO it's a double-edged sword. Nice stuff, but the price gets driven ever higher through the roof, so that for many people it simply becomes unviable. As is the case with me. I'm not spending thousands a year on cars anymore, which you can't resell for a tenth of the value, even if you barely use them, or not at all. Heck, even a brand new Hudy you could probably not resell unused for even %10 less than you paid for it. No, I waste my money on planes now.. You get so much more for your money, IMO anyway. And I don't have to stand around for 2 1/2 hours waiting for flashlight heats on race days.

Hudy and Speed engines and all that are great, but I got sick of the mentality - both at races and here in the forums, that anything cheaper is junk. The hobby starts eating its own tail IMO. Ever higher prices, which only a select few are willing to spend, so eventually only that select few is involved in the hobby anymore...
Old 10-08-2016, 02:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post
No, I waste my money on planes now..
Love it Herrsavage!!! at least we all understand that we are spending some serious $.. whats a little marketing? I do see your point about the perceived 'need' for a high end motor - i'm already drooling over the super low profile new Speed engine in Ty's car.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys. Yesterday I was on my last outdoor race for this year. I have done on my K3 about 1.5 gallon (5 liters) till now. The engine works perfect , no flames out from the first start!! From bottom verry good punch to middle revs then on the top speed is a little slower if i compare it to the OS speed spec II. Fuel consuption verry good. 9 minutes without problems...

Last edited by mugen81; 11-14-2016 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

i have heard great things about the K3! I have some in stock at Rw Mods and look forward to running them in 2017. Internal pics to come soon.

Rex
Old 12-08-2016, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I saw the part # for the rod in the K3 was different. They look the same as the K5, so I did some measuring. The K3 for some reason uses a 29.5mm rod, all the 5 ports use a 30mm. Do not try to interchange!

Rex
Old 12-08-2016, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Just thought i'd put it out that my K5 DC modded by The Nitro Shop was faster than all but a few buggies down the straights and in the jumps last weekend. it was so fast that I was caught off guard. My cousin has the same engine in his car and we both were some of the fastest there all weekend - not lap times mind you.. just speed. the only one on par with us was the gold 2101 wicked beast. we were dead even down the straight with that.

Props to Hudy FX and to Neil from Nitro Shop.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Any more updates on th k3 I'm seriously considering buying 2 of them buggy and truggy

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service