Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 port engines

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

the a830 is a great motor . very smooth an Reliable engine the os cant even start to hang withthis power plant ..an last as long.I have seen countless os motors not go to 4 gallon period!
Old 05-07-2013, 11:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark McCoy
I have seen countless os motors not go to 4 gallon period!
Simply because someone states something you disagree with is never justification for BLATANT LYING and the spreading of misinformation..."period"...

"countless"...Really...
Old 05-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

I've personally had Ninja (OS) and it lasted about 60-70 litres, my friend had the XZ-B Speed and it lasted 70 litres. Then my friend bought an Alpha Dragon 830, it lasted break-in + one race weekend, then it had no compression.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by neophyte6
Simply because someone states something you disagree with is never justification for BLATANT LYING and the spreading of misinformation..."period"...

"countless"...Really...
Yep I said countless
Old 05-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

breakin

Last edited by Mark McCoy; 05-07-2013 at 12:17 PM. Reason: e
Old 05-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Eivind E
I've personally had Ninja (OS) and it lasted about 60-70 litres, my friend had the XZ-B Speed and it lasted 70 litres. Then my friend bought an Alpha Dragon 830, it lasted break-in + one race weekend, then it had no compression.
breakin in on Alpha takes 1 to 1/12 gallons...
Old 05-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Tech Champion

Pay attention enough with an open mind, and you'll see that people have duds and issues from ALL - yes absolutely ALL - the brands. I personally have seen more OS engines die than anything else in person (VSPEC's blowing conrods), and have had a good Nova and a terrible one. My Argus has been great. I'd buy an OS(too pricey for me generally..), Nova, Werks, or Alpha in a heartbeat, and would expect all of them to be awesome. But I know how RC is - any of them could be a dud. Brand, land of origin, and even high price are absolutely no guarantee.

Speaking from my gut, I actually - and honestly - trust Alpha most. I believe in their quality, power, and value for money without hesitation, but I also like that they aren't as "picky" in terms of what plug, pipe, fuel, etc.. OS, Odonnell plugs, all good.. I'd buy the others though if the price were right. There are very few if any brands of buggy engines out that really suck - or IMO that are significantly worse or better than the others. I can't even think of any. There are WAY too many variables with nitro to make blanket statements to the contrary.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I am not going to say that alpha makes the best engine period but I am very happy with my Dragon it is the best running engine I have ever owned. As for good engines and bad engines yes these 3.5cc engines all have super tight tollerences and sometimes you get a lemon it sucks big time. I am not going to bash OS but I chose to try an Alpha after seeing how great two of my friends alphas ran. At the time I was using a Nova rossi with great luck but really wanted to try a Dragon and glad I did. Personally the only two OS I have had was a VZB speed wc and it was a great engine untill about 3 1/2 maybe 4 gallons and it lost compression and would not tune. I am not disapointed in the OS because I had heard of this before and at the time I had never owned an engine as smooth and fast as it was but I will never pay that kind of money for an engine again. The other OS I just broke in for my team in an upcoming endurance race it was not my first choice but they wanted an engine that they said would be broken in a short time and OS was their choice. Breakin went pretty smooth not as easy as my Nova but comparable to my Dragon. This second OS is the XZB not speed and although it runs good it can not even come close to the performance of my Dragon. Of all the engines I have had and tuned Nova is at the top of the list for easy great running engines with Alpha close behind and for performance alpha hands down so what engine will I buy next? No doubt another Alpha at the price there is nothing I have seen that can keep up.
Just my 2 pennys
Old 05-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Really 70 liters is 18 gallons is that correct !!!
Old 05-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I need a pair of rubber boots its getting deep. If your friend broke it in and ran it once then there was no compression A something was wrong with it in first place or B He doesnt know what he is doing or C the motor ingested dirt or was ran to hot . Im going to go with it still had metal pinch and he ran it to hard and trashed the motor. Im pretty sure O.S. motors dont take as much time to break in as an Alpha. You cant just run a few tanks through an Alpha and run the crap out of it. He might have had 60 or 70 liters on the case lol
Old 05-07-2013, 01:27 PM
am
Tech Master

70 liters.... That, i just do not belive...

Are your trolling again, Eivind?
Old 05-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I agree with Hersavage. There are duds with every brand, although I must say that I have not yet heard about any Fusion duds. This is one main reason I will never pay over $300 for any engine. Both of the ones I did turned out to be complete crap. I am thinking of trying Alpha next and then hit up Monty for a Fusion for sure.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by evolution03
If your friend broke it in and ran it once then there was no compression.....
Whatever dude, don't really care to listen to your rubber boot arguments, go look in the Alpha thread there's another guy who the exact same thing happened to with the exact same engine, sounds like they got a quality concern with this particular model. (830 Dragon)
Old 05-08-2013, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

Last edited by Eivind E; 05-08-2013 at 04:45 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

The OS is smooth and any monkey can tune an OS carb.

The Fusion X3L is an excellent engine all around and performs very well. One of the best bang for your buck engines on the market. Performance and reliability.

The Werks are ok as well but don't seem to quite get the fuel mileage. Just an observance, not saying they "can't".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.