Losi 350 engine, carb problem

Old 04-10-2013, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Questions?? Losi 350 engine, carb problem

I have a 350 engine, when the engine gets hot after driving it is problems starting it again after stop it.
When it is cold there are no problem.

I want to change carburetor to a plastic one, please let me know what can I purchase or a possible solution to this issue.

Thanks
Old 04-10-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Cool

generally that is a sign the engine is wore out. once it gets hot it loses compression and wont start till its cool. how old is the engine. you can send the piston and sleeve in and get them resized for like $15-$20 and get 5-8 more gallon out of it provided the bearings and crank pin are still good
Old 04-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Your right, it is a carb problem. The 350 does not have an insulated carb so it vapor locks when it gets over 250 degrees or more. I had a 350 once and had the same problem. The only replacement carb I could find was the older dynamite ones but I never got to try and see if it fixed the problem because I sold it all.

You can either richen the motor and get it cooler or do what some did back in the day and carry an air duster can to spray the carb for a quick cooling so it fires back up without having to wait for it to cool.