SINGLE WIRE HOSE CLAMPS 11/16

Old 03-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default SINGLE WIRE HOSE CLAMPS 11/16

Anybody ever tried these with your air filter? Im sick of having to cut and replace zipties every time i want to put in some after run oil..

Old 03-19-2013, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigbadbasher View Post
Anybody ever tried these with your air filter? Im sick of having to cut and replace zipties every time i want to put in some after run oil..

a guy on here sells these. They are awesome...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-...sell-them.html
Old 03-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Wow, i didn't realize the pics was so damn big lol... Yea, those are the double wired ones.. Just curious if anyone ever tried them and had success..
Old 03-20-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Addict

Wow, i didn't realize the pics was so damn big lol... Yea, those are the double wired ones.. Just curious if anyone ever tried them and had success..
ive heard people say the automotive ones dont work very well just not the right size. i have bought some of the double wire ones and they are great. but for no more than a clamp cost try it then you will know
Old 03-20-2013, 09:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well, i ordered 11/16 sized ones that shrink with heat, i put a set of calipers on my filter while it was on the throat and 11/16 should be perfect, i don't think the double wire makes it any better, it's all in getting the right sizes, those doubled are automotive to, the ones im ordering are for motorcycles or any kind of hose really..
Old 03-20-2013, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Well, i ordered 11/16 sized ones that shrink with heat, i put a set of calipers on my filter while it was on the throat and 11/16 should be perfect, i don't think the double wire makes it any better, it's all in getting the right sizes, those doubled are automotive to, the ones im ordering are for motorcycles or any kind of hose really..
whatever works for ya but the guy that sells the double wire ones had a company make them specifically for our engines so they arent really automotive hose clamps but they are rc air filter clamps. but if your happy with the one you found use it. im gong to use the double wire one because im confident that no dirt will be sucked by it due to its double wire construction i dont buy $500 engines yet but i do have 6 $200+ engines and i keep out dirt by always changing air filter and the zip ties were a big pain in the butt at the end of the day use what you want its your car!!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

The guy had them made specifically for the application... There not to tight or to lose. Just right, and easy to use as a bonus.... They don't twist or want to twist when installing or removing, and for 5 bucks,for two shipped, totally worth it. If yours make you happy, then carry on, but I know them kind of clamps and you have blood blisters in your near future....
Old 03-20-2013, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've been using clamps like these for the past couple of years. Work great and easy to get off. I can't remember the exact size but it is like 5/8" or so.

http://www.aquacave.com/Plastic-Hose...FaiiPAod5UIA3g
Old 03-21-2013, 02:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RCmayor View Post
I've been using clamps like these for the past couple of years. Work great and easy to get off. I can't remember the exact size but it is like 5/8" or so.

http://www.aquacave.com/Plastic-Hose...FaiiPAod5UIA3g
those are good clamps also thats funny i used to own a pet store and sold those clamps and never even thought about them for this application till i saw your post. i think i still have a box of them in the garage hmm
Old 09-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sschultz View Post
a guy on here sells these. They are awesome...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-...sell-them.html
What happened to that guy? I have some and I sold a few at the track but I need to buy some more. These things are awesome.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

I use these for fuel lines and they work great. They don't rust and keep things secured. I don't know if they will fit around the filter but you get enough if you screw some up its not a bg issue. They are reusable as well. Just give it a bit of untwist and it comes off and then just twist it back tight.

What you posted looks great but on my trucks I doubt I could get into them to actually make use of it. Maybe with some needle nose pliers?
Old 09-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I don't use the single wire. I use the double and I'm looking for the guy who used to sell them on here
Old 09-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nickdawg18 View Post
What happened to that guy? I have some and I sold a few at the track but I need to buy some more. These things are awesome.
His screen name on here is fix218. He's still active on here so search him out and ask him.