Engine Fuel Problems

Old 03-19-2013, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Engine Fuel Problems

Hey Guys,

I just switched from using Losi 30% nitro to Traxxas/Powermaster 33%. When I started the engine, it was running too cold and the engine felt like it was just breaking in. I just finished breaking in the engine and it felt sweet on the losi 30%. I still had a tuning problem with the losi 30% when I went half throttle then returned to normal, it would take 4-5 seconds to return to normal idle. How do I fix this?
Old 03-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by george919 View Post
Hey Guys,

I just switched from using Losi 30% nitro to Traxxas/Powermaster 33%. When I started the engine, it was running too cold and the engine felt like it was just breaking in. I just finished breaking in the engine and it felt sweet on the losi 30%. I still had a tuning problem with the losi 30% when I went half throttle then returned to normal, it would take 4-5 seconds to return to normal idle. How do I fix this?
When you change brands of fuel, you basically have to re tune....
Old 03-19-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by george919 View Post
Hey Guys,

It sounds like your lsn is too rich. If it idles high for a few seconds and then settles down lower, your engine is loading up. Leaning the low speed needle a bit should help. Don't forget to check the idle gap, and double check your high speed adjustment. As was posted above, different fuels will require additional tuning.