Community
Wiki Posts
Search

priming issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 04:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Default priming issue

i have a savage x4.6 it sat for about a month with gas in it until i got the parts to fix it and put it back together. now when i go to prime the engine no fuel is moves through the line. all lines are connected and good. any one know what could be causing this? should i try cleaning out the carb?
Old 02-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Check to be sure there's not fuel gelled and clogging the lines. If they are free and clear then you'll need to take the engine apart enough to get some carb cleaner into it. Chances are there's old fuel in it that has solidified. Also check for air leaks in the fuel tubing.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

try blowing out the pressure nipple on the exhaust pipe.. that can get clogged too.. also those primers on the tanks can go bad too.. pull the line an blow thru it.. see what happens
Old 02-24-2013, 04:22 AM
Tech Regular

clean ur tanks by fill it with fuel shake it and drain it, repeat few times. fuel that left in ur tanks can get gummy and clogged. rebuild ur carb if its still happen
Old 02-25-2013, 04:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Could be the old fuel,but sounds more like an air leak in your tank. I would do a soapy water test around the tank.