Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree23Likes

O.S. SPEED .21 XZB SPEC. II

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Suspended

Default O.S. SPEED .21 XZB SPEC. II

The O.S.SPEED 21XZ-B has been supported by many top drivers worldwide due to its high performance and achieving excellent results at many major races including podium positions at the last two World Championships.

Succeeding potential of ‘masterpiece’ O.S.SPEED 21XZ-B and adding further tuning to meet the current racing trend, the “Spec.II” will be released soon.

New drop-in type outer head with special laser marking contributes to lower CG and better cooling efficiency. Each inner part has been modified for smoother acceleration up to top speed. New lighter piston and connecting rod contribute to better response to driver’s throttle operation. Lighter DLC coated, tungsten weight pressed-in and silicone potted crankshaft reduces friction loss further. Further evolved O.S.SPEED 21XZ-B Spec.II is born to win big races.

FEATURES
●New lighter piston and connecting rod
●New crankshaft features lighter weight, DLC coating, tungsten weight and silicone potting for optimum rotating mass
●New outer head features low CG and better cooling efficiency.
●Well-established 21J double-adjust carburetor is employed. 6mm, 6.5mm and 7mm restrictors are supplied as standard.

Specifications
Displacement: 3.49 cc (0.213 cu.in.)
Bore: 16.27mm (0.641 in.)
Stroke: 16.8mm (0.661 in.)
Practical RPM: 4,000-42,000 r.p.m.
Output: 2.65ps / 2.61 hp / 34,000 r.p.m.
Weight: 355g (12.52oz.)

Standard Accessories
Glow Plug p3
Carburetor Reducers: 6.5mm installed, 6mm and 7mm supplied
Exhaust Seal Ring
Dust Cap Set (3mm/16mm/18mm)
Old 02-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Suspended

Old 02-18-2013, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Just as I expected.

Too bad it costs $550. The old Speed dropped rather quickly in price, so here's hoping this one does too.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:20 AM
am
Tech Master

Lighter piston... I know someone who weight it...
Old 02-20-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Adept

Got the new engine in front off me, the first thing i noticed is OS went back to the Long needle setup.
Wen i have time i will look inside the engine to see whats new.

Now lets hope we get better wetter soon so i can report back about the performance.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Holy smokes! That's some cheddar for a "stock" engine. I know the Speeds are good (I finally broke down and bought one), but I've got a $450 Nova that will blow its doors off.

Would love to see pics of the internals. I'm sure it looks puurrrttyyy.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

looking to get in to a good race engine but the $sssss to much. maybe i will stick with the .21xp
Old 02-26-2013, 10:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

I've heard that OS is going back to the short stroke like the VZ's. I hope they do!

I assume the Spec II is still long stroke. Can anyone confirm what stroke the Spec II is?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ForwardBite
I've heard that OS is going back to the short stroke like the VZ's. I hope they do!

I assume the Spec II is still long stroke. Can anyone confirm what stroke the Spec II is?
It is a long stroke, same as XZ-b speed.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

FWIW, was told Spec 2 replacement parts likely wouldn't be here until at least another month.

Originally Posted by Paulus
Wen i have time i will look inside the engine to see whats new.
Anyone got pics of the engine broken down?
Old 02-27-2013, 07:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Might have to go back to black again, these look pretty sick.. I'm interested in the carb needles, long or short and overall performance from bottom to top.. I'm suspecting the bottom to be a tad quicker with a softer mid to a higher top..
Old 02-27-2013, 07:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I hope they have fixed the bearing issues, I had 2 of the previous model and both lost there bearings at 2 gallons. Made me Switch after 6 years of running this engine. Most people I know were breaking them open brand new and changing bearings before break in, to avoid the problem and placing the old carbs on them also.
With the previous engine I could run them 5-6 gallons, rebuild them and get another 5-6 out of them. Then I would rebuild a 3rd time and use as back up engine.... Sure miss the smooth idle and power of this motor. Just too much money know to have it fail in 2 gallons
Old 02-27-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rsickles
FWIW, was told Spec 2 replacement parts likely wouldn't be here until at least another month.

Anyone got pics of the engine broken down?
I should have them by Friday. I'll post up a few pics.

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Might have to go back to black again, these look pretty sick.. I'm interested in the carb needles, long or short and overall performance from bottom to top.. I'm suspecting the bottom to be a tad quicker with a softer mid to a higher top..
It's a J1 carb or long needle carb. I'll let you know in the performance. Won't get them on the track for another 2 weeks but break in will start in Friday
Old 02-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thecatman
I hope they have fixed the bearing issues, I had 2 of the previous model and both lost there bearings at 2 gallons. Made me Switch after 6 years of running this engine. Most people I know were breaking them open brand new and changing bearings before break in, to avoid the problem and placing the old carbs on them also.
With the previous engine I could run them 5-6 gallons, rebuild them and get another 5-6 out of them. Then I would rebuild a 3rd time and use as back up engine.... Sure miss the smooth idle and power of this motor. Just too much money know to have it fail in 2 gallons
Which parts did you change when you rebuilded them?
My vzb speed has now 7 gallons true it and it's still going with strong with more than enough compression. I love OS Speeds
Bigv likes this.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Which parts did you change when you rebuilt them?
My vzb speed has now 7 gallons true it and it's still going with strong with more than enough compression. I love OS Speeds

I would replace P/S/R and both bearings. No crank unless the coating was worn off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.