Like Tree5Likes

Bones Brew Fuel

Old 07-21-2018, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SlowLST2 View Post
Donít forget that when your lapping machine is doing its thing, itís compressing and stretching the conrod and essentially bouncing the gudgeon pin and crankpin back and forth within the bushings. During combustion, the gudgeon pin and crankpin ride only on the top of the bushing with a constant supply of oil beneath the pins. The logic here is flawed.
All the proof you only think what is going on but actually does not know.
No compression, no high speed and running in full oil does not stretch and compress the rod and with that no wrong forces on the bushings. The rod is working with "2 fingers in its nose" and comes out as new where most manufacturers advise to change the rod after the break in.

I have about 60 engines now. Ringed/steel, ringed ABC, ABN, AAC, AAN, iron/steel.
I do own a Bang&Oluffsen TV system with everything to it, does that make me an B&O expert?

Nice list of engines for someone who claimes that the last long. Do you have any racing engines and do you even run any races?
Old 07-27-2018, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlowLST2 View Post
What people are doing to tapered cylinder engines today is what guys were doing to Ferrous technology engines 40-50 years ago. The problem is the two technologies work on two completely different principles.

And this idea that this method gives better longevity? Where are the guys getting 20 gallons through their engines? If itís so much better, there should be guys all over claiming this kind of claim. I have engines now that have well over 12 gallons through them on original rod, P&L, and bearings - they still run incredibly well.

If EBIS is the wave of the future, there should be guys boasting of 16, 18, hell even 20 gallons of fuel worth of runtime.

No need to berate me or my character or belittle me. Iím challenging the method and the ďbreak-inĒ specific fuels that are claimed to be more than just fuel with extra oil, not the people. And FWIW, Iíve never once claimed to be someone Iím not. Your bold quote above is BS. Iím an engine man. Nothing more or less. Iíve been a hobbyist for about 20 years. Had over a hundred engines through my hands. I have about 60 engines now. Ringed/steel, ringed ABC, ABN, AAC, AAN, iron/steel.

I ainít here to get in anyoneís way. I came to learn - and boy did I learn a few things by joining this site..

Like I've said before, we have this MNRC racing series in Minnesota. Come out and BS sometime and or race, you have a Tlr truggy. We will be in Brainerd Aug. 18-19, Foley Mn. Sept. 15-16.

Here is a vid from last weekends race in Duluth.

Rex
Goof likes this.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hopefully I can make it out there one weekend before winter hits.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I wanna race rc cars !!!

you kids need to settle down

ive done things to engines and ran engines in so many configurations ,etc.,etc., I still don't feel I'm an EXPERT .

I do know a thing or two , have my own personal theories on how I think things work and why they have the effects they do on certain things , I have blown up more engines than most will ever own in a lifetime in my early nitro years and even in my testing theories ......

EBIS works great , ive done the same thing in a different method for about 8 yrs , bones brew break in fuel to my knowledge contains fine ash to expedite the lapping in process of engines fitted parts that are made with very tight clearances when new .

happy motorin'
Old 07-27-2018, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

That's some fine ash right there...
Old 07-31-2018, 06:49 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 256 (100%+)

When using bones brew fuel, do you need to use afterrun oil? I am currently using afterrun oil, but a buddy of mine with another brand says that there brand says you don't need to do that. I was curious if bones brew is similar.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
When using bones brew fuel, do you need to use afterrun oil? I am currently using afterrun oil, but a buddy of mine with another brand says that there brand says you don't need to do that. I was curious if bones brew is similar.
Cain - on a week to week basis there is no need to use after run oil, as if you plan to store it for the off season or not racing for a month or so, you can use after run oil.

Bones Brew Break-in fuel has no fine ash in the oil.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bonesbs View Post
Cain - on a week to week basis there is no need to use after run oil, as if you plan to store it for the off season or not racing for a month or so, you can use after run oil.

Bones Brew Break-in fuel has no fine ash in the oil.
thats the story i was told by an arizona/canada resident Brent .....

i personally dont know for fact .... going off of hearsay ......lol ......
Old 08-02-2018, 03:21 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 256 (100%+)

sorry newbie here, what exactly does the "fine ash" do?