Search
Like Tree8Likes

VP Tessman branded fuel

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 01:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default VP Tessman branded fuel

I have been searching for a little bit more information such as oil content in the Ty Tessman branded VP fuel. Is this the same mixture as the original VP fuel? Whats the difference?

Anyone that could supply such information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 03-05-2016, 01:43 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Couldn't tell you - they don't list a Tessmann labeled fuel on their website?

http://www.powermasterfuels.com/inde...&id=7&Itemid=9

Synthetic / Castor Blend
PowerMaster Golden Break-in
PowerMaster Master Basher 20
PowerMaster Nitro Race 16% Touring Car
PowerMaster Nitro Race 20% Car
PowerMaster Nitro Race 25% Car
PowerMaster Nitro Race 30% Car
PowerMaster Nitro Race 40% Car
PowerMaster Nitro Race 50% VP Drag Car Special
PowerMaster 25% Road Race
PowerMaster RC Pro Race 30
Old 03-05-2016, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

The Tessman branded fuel is only offered in Canada. If it is my guess it is the same as Nitrotane.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by YANMAN
The Tessman branded fuel is only offered in Canada. If it is my guess it is the same as Nitrotane.
not the same as nitrotane, it is 25% and mixxed with different oil than the regular VP fuel, it has synthetic oil instead of castor oil
Old 03-07-2016, 04:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dezertranger96
not the same as nitrotane, it is 25% and mixxed with different oil than the regular VP fuel, it has synthetic oil instead of castor oil
Where are you getting this information from? It says 30% on the container.
No castor oil at all? I would like to check your resources.

Why would VP make a fuel brand only available in Canada? Seems like a small market to sell in.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Another brand of fuel made one just for Canada as well. If it is true. It isn't the first one.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I just seen this now about the pure synthetic ..... So keep in mind Tessman runs a engine with a DLC coated crankshaft which requires less lubrication then a bare steel crankshaft would so they can get away with just pure synthetic oil in the mix..a bare steel crankshaft however won't be nearly as forgiving as a DLC coated crank and with a pure synthetic mix extra care and caution must be taken..When you push a pure synthetic past its threshold its near instantaneous failure, so unless I had a DLC coated crank I would probably not run a fuel that is strictly synthetic .
Old 03-08-2016, 09:07 AM
Hot Bodies

Vp Power master posted info on the Tessmann blend fuel on their facebook, I have also attached the link.
Drivers at our local track tried this fuel last summer, one has a Nova rossi engine, a couple have the Os VZB engines which have steel crankshafts, one has a picco engine and another has a hobby king engine which is under $100. All of these drivers had good success and none of them had any engine issues.

https://www.facebook.com/powermasterfuels

Facebook post by VP

PowerMaster Fuels
19 hrs ·

Commonly asked questions about the new Ty Tessmann fuel. This blend was developed in 2013 by VP Racing Fuels in conjunction with National Champion Adam Drake and World Champion Ty Tessmann. Since the blends inception in 2013, Ty or Adam have won a ROAR National Championship every year to date using the blends. Tessmann’s lubricating package is a combination of superior "EP" or extended pressure oils that provide maximum engine lubrication and protection for steel or coated cranked engines. Ty and Gord have tested many fuels such as Byron and Maxima, and I’m sure many more. They choose to use VP Powermaster because the fuel provides superior engine protection, great power, and the best fuel mileage to date.
4496258 gallon Tessmann 25% and 4496398 gallon Tessmann 30% are available world- wide.
To purchase either Ty Tessmann fuels, have your local hobby shop or distributor give me a call at (210) 852-4552. For more information about VP Powermaster Fuels please visit our facebook page PowerMaster Fuels or go to www.powermasterfuels.com.
stanleyw808 likes this.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gord Tessmann
Vp Power master posted info on the Tessmann blend fuel on their facebook, I have also attached the link.
Drivers at our local track tried this fuel last summer, one has a Nova rossi engine, a couple have the Os VZB engines which have steel crankshafts, one has a picco engine and another has a hobby king engine which is under $100. All of these drivers had good success and none of them had any engine issues.

https://www.facebook.com/powermasterfuels

Facebook post by VP

PowerMaster Fuels
19 hrs ·

Commonly asked questions about the new Ty Tessmann fuel. This blend was developed in 2013 by VP Racing Fuels in conjunction with National Champion Adam Drake and World Champion Ty Tessmann. Since the blends inception in 2013, Ty or Adam have won a ROAR National Championship every year to date using the blends. Tessmann’s lubricating package is a combination of superior "EP" or extended pressure oils that provide maximum engine lubrication and protection for steel or coated cranked engines. Ty and Gord have tested many fuels such as Byron and Maxima, and I’m sure many more. They choose to use VP Powermaster because the fuel provides superior engine protection, great power, and the best fuel mileage to date.
4496258 gallon Tessmann 25% and 4496398 gallon Tessmann 30% are available world- wide.
To purchase either Ty Tessmann fuels, have your local hobby shop or distributor give me a call at (210) 852-4552. For more information about VP Powermaster Fuels please visit our facebook page PowerMaster Fuels or go to www.powermasterfuels.com.
Thanks for clearing this up! Where's the "like" Button
Old 03-08-2016, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

At the end of the day for me the only way to know for sure is to run the fuel hard for a couple of gallons then measure if there is any runout on the crankpin ! a good fuel will protect well and the crankpin will be near perfect with a bad fuel you will be able to measure several thousandth's of wear..
Old 12-26-2016, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just want to bump this up and hear any opinions from regular racers not afilliated with the brand or people behind it in anyway, this has now become available at a few of the shops around my way and I'm thinking of trying it. I'm in no way against vp fuels or anyone associated with it and I've never tried it myself or spoken to anyone who has so I can't say anything about it good or bad but I remember reading up on some reviews a while back and there seemed to be some very mixed opinions and some saying it hurt there engines and this is only what I read in some very short threads/posts so could be taken with a grain of salt and at this point I'm pretty keen to try it and see for myself I'd just like an update from others that have run it
Thanks
Old 12-26-2016, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Double post..
Old 12-26-2016, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

The old blue VP was terrible. I have been running the Tessmann blend for the past 6 months with really good results. No issues as of yet after about 6 gallons. Runs exactly like nitrotane...
Old 12-27-2016, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toyoter91
The old blue VP was terrible. I have been running the Tessmann blend for the past 6 months with really good results. No issues as of yet after about 6 gallons. Runs exactly like nitrotane...
Have you taken your motor apart to see what the insides looks like? Are you running the 30%-25%?

Thank you for your time
Old 12-27-2016, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman007
Have you taken your motor apart to see what the insides looks like? Are you running the 30%-25%?

Thank you for your time
4 Gallons of 25%
2 Gallons of 30%

Yeah I have popped the back plate off. Just a light film of oil in there nothing else.

Honestly the only fuel I have had issues with is the Blue VP and the Blue Sidewinder.

I have ran Flashpoint, Nitrotane, Tessmann blend and as far as I can tell they are exactly the same and considering they all use the same product discription i am inclined to believe that they are. Byrons was good fuel as well.

Last edited by toyoter91; 12-27-2016 at 10:54 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.