Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Picco P3-28 rung off bolt question. >

Picco P3-28 rung off bolt question.

Picco P3-28 rung off bolt question.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Picco P3-28 rung off bolt question.

I've got a Picco P3-28 I aquired for free. When I started checking it out I noticed one of the bolts holding the back plate on was wrung off. It looked like someone tried drilling it out just alittle bit and then quit. Can I run it with 3 screws as long as I put plenty of silicone around the back plate. I was thinking of putting this engine in my Savage 25. If anyone has any advice on how to fix it or has a crankcase they want to get rid of pretty resonable I would be interested. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by "WormGrunter" View Post
I've got a Picco P3-28 I aquired for free. When I started checking it out I noticed one of the bolts holding the back plate on was wrung off. It looked like someone tried drilling it out just alittle bit and then quit. Can I run it with 3 screws as long as I put plenty of silicone around the back plate. I was thinking of putting this engine in my Savage 25. If anyone has any advice on how to fix it or has a crankcase they want to get rid of pretty resonable I would be interested. Thanks.
If you seal it up good you can run it with 3. If its in very good shape might just keep an eye out for a good case in the meantime.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcrenew View Post
If you seal it up good you can run it with 3. If its in very good shape might just keep an eye out for a good case in the meantime.
Thanks buddy, That's what I was thinking. I appreciate your input.