Bump Box Help.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Bump Box Help.

I have 2 Ofna blue Truggy bump boxes. 1 has a lipo and the other one I hooked up a garden tractor battery. My issue is that if I have an engine with good compression or new engine I can't for the life of me get either box to turn the engines over enough to get them running. Thats with heating the engines up. They just don't seem to have enough power. Do I need a bigger Lipo battery. Can someone give me some much needed advice on what I can do. I'm very close to deep sixing them in my Pond. I'm very tempted to go roto start or pull start on everything. Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Loosen the plug one turn, start with half throttle and when it runs try to screw the plug with the ignitor an tighten it with a wrench.

But if if it is a runned-in engine then to me it seems the battery is weak or the starting wheel is not fully aligned and touching the chassis..
Old 01-16-2013, 08:13 AM
xc7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Drop a 4s lipo in those boxes and get those engines up to 220F if you can. Prime them, and be sure your box is lined up properly also.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by "WormGrunter" View Post
I have 2 Ofna blue Truggy bump boxes. 1 has a lipo and the other one I hooked up a garden tractor battery. My issue is that if I have an engine with good compression or new engine I can't for the life of me get either box to turn the engines over enough to get them running. Thats with heating the engines up. They just don't seem to have enough power. Do I need a bigger Lipo battery. Can someone give me some much needed advice on what I can do. I'm very close to deep sixing them in my Pond. I'm very tempted to go roto start or pull start on everything. Thanks in advance for your input.
you probably dont have the box aligned 100% properly...........I Am going to guess your wheel is rubbing he chassis and your not using the proper technique............. A OFNA Box on a 4S Lipo will spin over almost any engine if you do it right......

Take the engine out of the car, then line up your box..make sure the wheel is not rubbing the chassis plate If the wheel rubs it can scrub off all your starters power..........
Old 01-16-2013, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
you probably dont have the box aligned 100% properly...........I Am going to guess your wheel is rubbing he chassis and your not using the proper technique............. A OFNA Box on a 4S Lipo will spin over almost any engine if you do it right......

Take the engine out of the car, then line up your box..make sure the wheel is not rubbing the chassis plate If the wheel rubs it can scrub off all your starters power..........
Ain't that that truth! I bet the darn box will spin over a Honda Civic if you could hook it up! hahaha
Old 01-16-2013, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

I will try both ideas for sure. The boxes have dual 775 motors in them so I need to double check my alignment. Thanks alot for some much needed advice. I will also be looking into a 4s Lipo. If anyone knows of a good one to recommend please let me know.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Had same problem, loosening glow plug worked a treet.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Everything's good to go now. Thanks for guidance.