RGX Racing Inc. Motors

Old 01-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hustler777
NOW maybe this thread will be informative as apposed to what it has been.....how's the longevity on these modded motors? Normal or increased wear? I would think that the hole beneath the exhaust port would cause some different wear charicteristics than what we generally see in most of our off road mills...
i dont think you can take what the person who posted that picture of the sleeve with the hole in it to seriously as he's just a bs**tter period......

i hope blade or chris will clear this up cause that hole sure dont look like it was done with a cnc machine maybe a dull bit but i could be wrong too. it just looks to jagged to be done with the tolerances blade was talking about. hopefully blade will clear the air on this soon!!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Chris, I read your BIO on the fusion website.. Just for clarification since your avatar has fusion are you still work for Jim or are you doing your own thing. Also, when blade stated he was mentored by Ron Paris was he speaking through your eyes.

Thanks
No Sr I work with RGX Racing now, but will alway support fusion x. As for blade and Ron they did some things in the mid to 90s from what I gathered.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hustler777
NOW maybe this thread will be informative as apposed to what it has been.....how's the longevity on these modded motors? Normal or increased wear? I would think that the hole beneath the exhaust port would cause some different wear charicteristics than what we generally see in most of our off road mills...
On the wear so far is normal, the crank shaft pin looks realy good piston and sleave are sealing properly bearings are slick as glass. Clutch has good wear and the truck blade keeps in good shape bearings and plastics tip top. We will be posting a video shortly.
This engine. Is a maxi Cinco, (yes a p5 novarossi) that's mildly modified. It's in a truck it needs some help compete with the 7port mills out there. With the reduced wheel spin the lap times are consistent mileage is the most I've seen
Old 01-26-2013, 05:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So far what I gather is the mod will reduce wheel spin thus provide better traction that leads to better lap times and run time. Funny thing is, my BuKu clutch system does a phenomenal job of this with my CRE engines. Pretty sure no one has ever pulled me down the straight or gotten better run time than I have at my track. But then again I also know how to properly tune an engine to its performance limits and match it with the correct manifold and pipe.

Maybe your on to something or maybe you have to consider all the other variables as part of the alleged 13 minute run time engines. Looking forward to video.

Last edited by hookem34; 01-26-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hookem34
So far what I gather is the mod will reduce wheel spin thus provide better traction that leads to better lap times and run time. Funny thing is, my BuKu clutch system does a phenomenal job of this with my CRE engines. Pretty sure no has ever pulled me down the straight or gotten better run time than I have at my track. But then again I also know how to properly tune an engine to their performance limits and match them up with the correct manifolds and pipe.

Maybe your on to something or maybe you have to consider all the other variables as part of the 13 minute run time engines. Looking forward to video.
Yep, what I was thinking, wheelspin is more to do with clutch set-up and how you use your trigger finger.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by fusion chris
No Sr I work with RGX Racing now, but will alway support fusion x. As for blade and Ron they did some things in the mid to 90s from what I gathered.
Thanks for the reply
Old 01-26-2013, 08:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hookem34
So far what I gather is the mod will reduce wheel spin thus provide better traction that leads to better lap times and run time. Funny thing is, my BuKu clutch system does a phenomenal job of this with my CRE engines. Pretty sure no one has ever pulled me down the straight or gotten better run time than I have at my track. But then again I also know how to properly tune an engine to its performance limits and match it with the correct manifold and pipe.

Maybe your on to something or maybe you have to consider all the other variables as part of the alleged 13 minute run time engines. Looking forward to video.
Hi what l meant was a mild mod on a 5 port engine will not hit as hard and a modded 7port mill, on the bu ku clutch system that adjustability and materials used I'd love to try. A clutch shoe hitting at different times is a killer idea, that takes me back to my TopFuel days. The video is being worked on now and will have it posted soon.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by wombat
Yep, what I was thinking, wheelspin is more to do with clutch set-up and how you use your trigger finger.
A smooth throttle finger always helps, but when they say down and quite everyone's wide open.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi there BLADE - RGX RACING, I hope that you are looking for team drivers of your modified Novarossi P5 weapons, Where do I send the resume's too in regards to joining the 15 minute club ???
Old 01-27-2013, 05:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by savagesam
Hi there BLADE - RGX RACING, I hope that you are looking for team drivers of your modified Novarossi P5 weapons, Where do I send the resume's too in regards to joining the 15 minute club ???
Yes all resumes please send to [email protected]
Old 01-28-2013, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I think that was sarcastic? idunno...as he runs for Neal right now...anyways I wish you guys the best of luck! hope you guys can prove all the naysayers wrong
Old 01-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fusion chris
Yes all resumes please send to [email protected]
Thanks Chris, I know a heap of young novices drivers here in Australia that would'nt mind some sponsorship support from a young company to help premote there product
Old 01-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savagesam
Thanks Chris, I know a heap of young novices drivers here in Australia that would'nt mind some sponsorship support from a young company to help premote there product
Why be a dick? Don't like it, just move along.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by loadsled
Why be a dick? Don't like it, just move along.
Well I guess things on your side of the pond must work differently than here in Australia, Most pro drivers are either fully sponsored or extremely brand loyal so the best chance to premote a new young company is to provide sponsorship support to the good younger novice drivers to show your product and get as many of them out there for your company to grow.

I know that I started out this way with Extreme Rc Mods providing me support sponsorship, I would pay for the engine and shipping and they provided the modifing work for free to help me out and at the same time get exposure for there product services to help there company grow, So if my post reflects me being a dick in your eye's then I guess im a DICK.

Got to love people that read into post's because they are always right.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Your such a dick Sam......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.