EBMods Products

Old 03-14-2013, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
"A lot of us have been patiently waiting for this motor to come out "
"Patiently waiting",,, for what 2 days?
LMAO. nice first post on RC tech. beat it Neal! this is almost as sad & funny as your youtube tech videos. earlier today you wanted to buy 50 engines, don't be mad i said NO.
why would neal want 50 paper weights?
Old 03-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Good luck with the engine line Joe. A while back Ed took one of my Reedy engines and did some tweaking on it, again notice I said tweaking, not MODDING. It was screaming fast, reliable and tuned like butter. I have had several people come to me with "modded" engines, by nameless people that they can't get to run right. They flame out all the time if they don't break first. Anything Ed is involved in I'm sure will be awesome, as I have experienced first hand what the "small details" mean to an engine.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ooohhhhh, clock blocked!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

repete- ??? Not by me, I don't even know the clocked people, I am just making a generalization for my past experience and faith in Ed's work. The products are great and I am just saying there is a difference in tuned and modded.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EBMods
Novarossi is building the "Tuned" engine to my spec's. The EBT5 isn't a rebadged OEM engine. It's basically the "Team" engines I built back in 2003-2005, with some modern day updates, and will include the EBMods Power Plate, double Tungsten weighted crank etc...
Double tungsten weights? Would this happen to be the same crank that was in the FMS?
Old 03-15-2013, 01:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Gold Wing
Joe. A lot of us have been patiently waiting for this motor to come out and you just gave us a major disappointment. Looks like you were driving fairly well but the motor was not helping you out at all. Sounds like it is tapped out half way down the straight away. Normally I would say gear up, but noticed that you cased the jump before the straight away several times, which I would say gear down. Seems like the bottom end grunt is quite low. You were working your ass off to get over that jump but the motor would not seem to cooperate. I swear, for how well you were driving, you would drop a second off your lap time with a motor with more bottom and top end. What pipe are you using? What is your clutch setup? What plug? Maybe Monty could take a look at it, as his motors seemed to be running well in Arizona.
What a jackass...
Old 03-15-2013, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Novarossi is building the "Tuned" engine to my spec's. The EBT5 isn't a rebadged OEM engine. It's basically the "Team" engines I built back in 2003-2005, with some modern day updates, and will include the EBMods Power Plate, double Tungsten weighted crank etc...
Ah...the '04 EB Mods team engine, what a bad azz engine. One of my all time favorites. In fact an old friend who got out of the hobby in '05 recently called me. Wouldn't you know he still has his EB Mods Team P5, new in the box.

Glad to hear Ed's back working on Nova based engines.

Congrats Joe & Ed...I wish you both the very best!
Old 03-15-2013, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

I'll give him $125 for the nib engine. LOL!
Old 03-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Tech Addict

Hello Brandon, thanks for the kind words. Coming from someone like yourself it means a lot. You're a very well respected racer and stand up guy and it really means a lot to hear you say that.

Perrotto:

Sorry just checked the FMS part number and it's not the same. The crank I requested for Joe is an old school Novarossi crank I used years ago for the Team engines. Novarossi agreed to keep the crank and any custom combo's for Lucky 7 RC proprietary to the Lucky 7 RC brand. The exploded views will list part numbers and you will see it doesn't match any other engine currently on the market. Novarossi is a very professional company and pride themselves on this. They will not make engines for just anyone, and when they do they will not copy other OEM engines they produce.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hello Brandon, thanks for the kind words. Coming from someone like yourself it means a lot. You're a very well respected racer and stand up guy and it really means a lot to hear you say that.

Perrotto:

Sorry just checked the FMS part number and it's not the same. The crank I requested for Joe is an old school Novarossi crank I used years ago for the Team engines. Novarossi agreed to keep the crank and any custom combo's for Lucky 7 RC proprietary to the Lucky 7 RC brand. The exploded views will list part numbers and you will see it doesn't match any other engine currently on the market. Novarossi is a very professional company and pride themselves on this. They will not make engines for just anyone, and when they do they will not copy other OEM engines they produce.
Ahh Ic. Was just curious since FMS crank was the only one Ive seen with 2 tungsten slugs. Can't wait to see this mill in action!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:15 PM

I've seen this mill in action at a recent club race both stock and modded have to be run 280F+.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by renemx250
I've seen this mill in action at a recent club race both stock and modded have to be run 280F+.
Temps don't matter as long as engine is consistent, good try though!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Especially when 280 is not that uncommon now. I have a Crono RS5 that Ed would know. Would love to drop that crank in it. Old Kangaroo slugged crank.

Congrats Joe and Ed.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
Especially when 280 is not that uncommon now. I have a Crono RS5 that Ed would know. Would love to drop that crank in it. Old Kangaroo slugged crank.

Congrats Joe and Ed.
Chris knows
Old 03-16-2013, 01:45 AM
am
Tech Master

Why do morons with only one post on RCtech make them self just look stupid all the time? Noone at all bothers anyway...

280 is perfect for the new Nova low cooling heads. I run my BTT`s between 125-140degrees celsius. I have done that since they hit the shops. BEacuse the head is so low, the messuring device is alot closer to the glowplug and combustionchamber that you get higher readings.

I have already ordered 6 enignes for Norway. I have very high belives in what Ed does, and when it is Nova made also. You just can not go wrong!!

The Internal speecs of the EBT5 is very very good!! I just can`t wait!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.