Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP zr .30x header/pipe

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 06:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default LRP zr .30x header/pipe

I recently bought a used Rc8t that came with a Reedy vr.21 on it. After running the motor and trying to tune it I've determined that the motor is wore out. No big deal as I got a good deal on the truck and figured the motor was a bonus. My intentions with this truck is to make a basher out of it. Basically all I'm gonna do is put some bigger/more aggressive MT tires on it. This truck is gonna be my Monster truck that doesn't have a transmission to fail, or any rotostart/pullstart crap on the motor to fail. I think I've narrowed my motor choice down to the LRP zr .30x. I'm thinking this mill should give me tons of torque for pulling wheelies and doing backflips in the air. If I want to go really fast I'm thinking I could swap clutchbells and gear it up for speed. Does anyone know if the Reedy 2035 pipe/header combo would fit on the LRP .30 motor? I assume the exhaust outlet on the back of the motor is the same size as a .21 exhaust outlet? While the Reedy 2035 pipe may not be meant for a .30 size motor, I'm willing to give it a shot for now to save some money. Do any of you guys know of a good reason I shouldn't use the Reedy 2035 Pipe/header with the LRP .30x?
Thanx, Micah
Old 11-16-2012, 06:49 AM
Tech Champion

The exhaust will fit no problem. If your LRP is the pullstart version, you'll probably have a probelm with the engine mount though. The pullstart version has a big fat backplate on it, and this won't usually work with stock truggy/buggy kit engine mounts..
Old 11-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
The exhaust will fit no problem. If your LRP is the pullstart version, you'll probably have a probelm with the engine mount though. The pullstart version has a big fat backplate on it, and this won't usually work with stock truggy/buggy kit engine mounts..
Good to know the exhaust will fit! One less thing that I have to buy. I won't be buying the pullstart version. I'm buying the truggy version so I can use my starter box. I hate pullstarts and I don't like rotostart backplates either. To me, the pullstart backplate and one way bearing are just more things to go wrong. Seems like the backplate on pullstart motors always end up leaking air where the shaft goes through them, which ends up causing tuning problems. It's pretty much the main reason I'm going the Monster Truggy route instead of buying an LST or Savage.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micah78
To me, the pullstart backplate and one way bearing are just more things to go wrong. Seems like the backplate on pullstart motors always end up leaking air where the shaft goes through them, which ends up causing tuning problems...
Any LRP user would like to confirm having this air leak issue or how common is this issue with?
Old 11-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

Non-issue..
Old 11-28-2012, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

OP, did you finally get the LRP 30x?