Alpha keeps flaming out

Old 08-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have seen this on a few different brand engines, it happens. Especially if you hammer on a tight engine before its broke in enough and run too lean.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyc1127 View Post
But don't ya love that POP it makes when it happens. Then the feeling of yer stomach hitting yer feet afterward.
Nope, I have heard a few of J.Whiting's motors go pop. When you are the person running a similar vehicle, motor and driving style, it makes you paranoid that your motor is about to do the same thing. Luckily, I have learned that I am not quite as aggressive, yet.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

im pretty sure you sucked in dirt or something.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Whiting View Post
where the rod broke is caused by over revving.. trust me i know as i have done several of these all on tq runs.. probably did it on the straightway or over a jump as you gassed it to get the front end up.. i twist mine pretty hard on them cool wi.nights.. this weekend i willbe twistin them pretty high as the temps here will be in the mid 50's... jeremy
Originally Posted by bobbyc1127 View Post
But don't ya love that POP it makes when it happens. Then the feeling of yer stomach hitting yer feet afterward.
true but on test motors we have to test durability!! the last 2 years i have had no issues at all with any of my motors..

Originally Posted by Rcrenew View Post
I have seen this on a few different brand engines, it happens. Especially if you hammer on a tight engine before its broke in enough and run too lean.
very very true. i tight engine will pop all the time without the proper breakin..

Originally Posted by J.Elliott View Post
Nope, I have heard a few of J.Whiting's motors go pop. When you are the person running a similar vehicle, motor and driving style, it makes you paranoid that your motor is about to do the same thing. Luckily, I have learned that I am not quite as aggressive, yet.
you are getting there.. keep your head up..

i forgot to mention that this was 2 years ago.. the last 2 years i have not broken and rods....... the motors have been very strong and durable each and every time out on the track.. alpha stives to make the best possible motors for the best price.. jeremy
Old 08-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just grab another and keep on going. I was impressed with the alpha.