.28 axial spec 1 i need a clutch

Old 07-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default .28 axial spec 1 i need a clutch

So i got an 1/8 th scale buggy and i have a Axial .28 motor and the clutch bell fell off and i lost the alan head and the washer and on top of that i blew out the clutch shoes when this happened. Im still kinda new to nitro and really want to fix it. Any suggestions on a clutch?
Old 07-20-2012, 11:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have 2 suggestions, both are pretty simple.

The werks pro clutch kit, take it out of the package and put in on and run it. (maybe change springs for what you want)

-or-

The Buku clutch.

Both are fairly minimal hassel. I just got my buku installed the other day and ran a few tanks and so far im in love with it.

The werks clutch you can get with different flywheel weights. I think there are 4. super light, light, medium and heavy.

The buku is externally adjustable.

Both are worth looking at to see what might suit you. both seem dependable. I think the buku komposite shoes show to last much much longer. Surely someone who has tryed them both more than i have will chime in. If you decide on the buku, get a new clutch bell also. Those shoes dont play well on a bell that has been used with aluminum shoes.

Also i do not recall the clutches coming with the screw for the end of the crank/bell (they do come with a flywheel nut and collet). But i believe amain or someone has a clutch shim and collet set that does come with it. Not sure if it will fit your particular engine or not though.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hey thanks for the info im gunna try the BUKU clutch and see how it does im new to the nitro scene but def love it. I am gunna try and find a new flywheel assembly there amain hobbies to see what they got sense i lost the end screw and shims that was on the clutch. THanks
Old 07-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JohnRude824 View Post
hey thanks for the info im gunna try the BUKU clutch and see how it does im new to the nitro scene but def love it. I am gunna try and find a new flywheel assembly there amain hobbies to see what they got sense i lost the end screw and shims that was on the clutch. THanks
If you want shims, screw and washers - try the OFNA clutch shim kits.