Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Answer-RC Super Twist 3 (ANSCSTL04) - Your Opinion?? >

Answer-RC Super Twist 3 (ANSCSTL04) - Your Opinion??

Answer-RC Super Twist 3 (ANSCSTL04) - Your Opinion??

Old 06-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Answer-RC Super Twist 3 (ANSCSTL04) - Your Opinion??

Hi
Am looking to buy a RC Clutch Tool, quite fancied the aluminium version as plastic one's are a bit weak, they do one by Answer-RC picture below traditional style, but the problem is no one does this one anymore they have now upgraded it to the newer version which has a handle like a screwdriver "Answer-RC Super Twist 3 (ANSCSTL04)", again picture provided below.
I'm not too keen on the newer version as I feel that I can get a better grip with the older style as the handle goes across horizontally making it easy to pull, so I think, I don't think a screwdriver handle version makes it any easier if anything I think it may be harder.
Anyway would like to hear if anyone has one and what they think?
Is my theory correct or am I wrong and should try it out?

As always thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails Answer-RC Super Twist 3 (ANSCSTL04) - Your Opinion??-answer-rc.jpg  

Last edited by nazUK; 06-07-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I had one of the top ones, which I loved, until someone "borrowed" my clutch tool box and never returned it
Old 06-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MadRussian
I had one of the top ones, which I loved, until someone "borrowed" my clutch tool box and never returned it
I'd be well peed if someone did that with my stuff

I prefer the older one, it looks great and works really well, never had a problem with the older style but this new one it just seems all wrong I mean there's a saying which goes something like.... "If it ain't broken don't fix it"
So why Answer-RC have changed it I really don't know???!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Though I have not tried the older style one, I've been using this newer style for a long time and it makes the job a whole lot easier. With the screwdriver type handle, its easier than you would think it is. Never had an issue with this. Answer RC makes great stuff
Old 06-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Neesh
Though I have not tried the older style one, I've been using this newer style for a long time and it makes the job a whole lot easier. With the screwdriver type handle, its easier than you would think it is. Never had an issue with this. Answer RC makes great stuff
That's really interesting to know, thanks.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I have been using answer products from the start. The top one is very difficult to use, while the bottom one is awesome! Go with the Screwdriver style one.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I have been using answer products from the start. The top one is very difficult to use, while the bottom one is awesome! Go with the Screwdriver style one.
Thanks Jaz looks like my theory might be wrong and the newer version maybe better way to go.
So basically your saying "don't knock it until I've tried it"
Old 06-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by nazUK
Thanks Jaz looks like my theory might be wrong and the newer version maybe better way to go.
So basically your saying "don't knock it until I've tried it"
Old 06-08-2012, 03:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I have a question Jaz as I have this question on another forum and a guy mentioned that the screwdriver version is only good for install and for removal it's a pain.

Is that the actual case?
Old 06-08-2012, 03:19 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys - it was a decision based on ease of use. The original "flick out" version was great but you had to know how to use it.
The new one is just so much easier to use and probably on balance quicker as well. Just a more intuitive product overall.

We do still offer the flick version in plastic for those with a need for that.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nazUK
I have a question Jaz as I have this question on another forum and a guy mentioned that the screwdriver version is only good for install and for removal it's a pain.

Is that the actual case?

In the time I was writing the reply and doing other things you posted again, hence missing your new post.

In terms of removal, I keep meaning to do a video of it, you can use it to remove the shoe by twisting it back a little so the "V" on the tool engages on the spring that would normally touch the nut. This takes the pressure of the shoe and with minimal pressure the shoe can be slid up using the tip of a thumb.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Answer-RC
Hi Guys - it was a decision based on ease of use. The original "flick out" version was great but you had to know how to use it.
The new one is just so much easier to use and probably on balance quicker as well. Just a more intuitive product overall.

We do still offer the flick version in plastic for those with a need for that.
Everyone from UK says you don't do them anymore, not disputing what you say just what I am hearing. So bought one from abroad he had a picture of the flick version and sent me the screwdriver version which was quite annoying.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

In the time I was writing the reply and doing other things you posted again, hence missing your new post.

In terms of removal, I keep meaning to do a video of it, you can use it to remove the shoe by twisting it back a little so the "V" on the tool engages on the spring that would normally touch the nut. This takes the pressure of the shoe and with minimal pressure the shoe can be slid up using the tip of a thumb.
Haha sorry about that....
Hmmmm sounds a bit fiddly, not sure by lowering your thumb nearer to the bottom it would be easier to pull as they can be a bit tough sometimes to pull off.
Not completely convinced yet that this is a better version.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Tech Lord

I have never been able to pull a shoe off with bare hands when the shoe is fully seated. I use the tool to engage the spring and lift it out of the clutch nut channel and then I gently pry up the shoe with a small flathead screwdriver until I can grab it and pull it off.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have a question for your guys considering this is your product would you be willing to exchange it for the flick version?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.