Werks Collari B7

Old 06-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Werks Collari B7

Hey guys, I'm kinda new to the 1/8th scale buggy game but a while back I had an MBX4 with a Collari B7 that blew up on me. The piston and rod are shot, but the rest of the motor appears to be alright. I recently dug out my old RC stuff and Im interested in getting the car up and running again. My question is would it be worth trying to find a piston and rod for a motor that's like 3 or 4 years old and rebuild it or just try to find a cheaper used motor. I'm not going to be racing or doing anything spectacular, just wanna get the thing running again for fun. Any advice is appreciated, hope this isnt too dumb of a question lol Thanks
Old 06-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...eve-Set-B7-Pro

Dunno if Collari modded the sleeve at all, but.... You'll likely need new bearings, rod and p/s set. I bet you have the old carb which is a PITA too. I would honestly tell you to just buy a new motor. There are a ton of engine in the $150-250 range. I would never really recommend buying a used engine.

IMHO, buy the cheap nVision at A-main and have a blast with it. They're only $140 for a brand new, top quality, engine.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the reply! I'm definitely not gonna spend $140 on a p/s set when I could pick up a new mill for the same price. It just sucks seeing the engine I have now go to waste. Any other options out there around the same price range?
Old 06-04-2012, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thefloyd View Post
Thanks for the reply! I'm definitely not gonna spend $140 on a p/s set when I could pick up a new mill for the same price. It just sucks seeing the engine I have now go to waste. Any other options out there around the same price range?
Werks B2 is 170