Werks power clutch help?

Old 05-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (73%+)
Default Werks power clutch help?

Hey, I have a Werks Power clutch and upon first disassembly (bought it installed on engine) I find a round washer like, but thicker, and threaded from the inside, fitting over the spring. This is in place of where the adjustment nut needs to be judging from the Werks website. How do I screw this in and out?

Some pictures:
This is it, its not completely screwed in, when I removed the clutch bell, it was flush with that purple pressure plate. When I Brought the clutch to my LHS, he was able to remove it, however, I didnt see how he did it.

This is it off

Thanks for any help!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Suspended

Anyone??
Old 05-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That's and external adjusting nut that we used to make. With this you can just make a small hole through the clutch bell, insert something like a 2mm allen through the bell and insert into the hole and then holding the flywheel still rotate the nut to adjust the clutch. Tighter is a later engagement, looser is an earlier engagement. In a nutshell with that nut you can adjust the clutch without taking the engine out of the car and without removing the clutch bell.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Suspended

Awesome yeah I was able to screw it in and out with some needle nose pliers. Thanks!