Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CLUTCH BELL RETAINING WASHER

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think people are missing the point. People make upgrade parts and this is just that. I have two inbound from a feller that attended the last rcpro event and cannot wait to give em a try. I have lost tanks, spurs, and clutch bells....

I have several of Mitch's products and have nothing but good things to say about his products. +1 to guy with fantastic products and a guy that will stand by them. Hard to find that anymore...
Old 05-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Yup Mitch has awesome stuff he makes his own ideas its not a copy of a copy
Old 05-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Please explain the difference someone, http://www.infernosonly.com/Kyosho_W...p/kyow0148.htm

Will gladly eat my words
Old 05-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Im not saying he made a copy geez guys... no need to buy something that I may already be using. Sometimes an aftermarket vendor may need to explain why his product is better than what is already in place. So far his part holds the shield in place even after the failure and that might be what keeps you in the race. Although Ive made it a point to check my bearings before the main you still never know when they will fail.

Here is a good pic of the losi part Im talking about. Top left black washer just like the m2c

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...8b-8t-LOSA9103
Old 05-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BMenard17
Im not saying he made a copy geez guys... no need to buy something that I may already be using. Sometimes an aftermarket vendor may need to explain why his product is better than what is already in place. So far his part holds the shield in place even after the failure and that might be what keeps you in the race. Although Ive made it a point to check my bearings before the main you still never know when they will fail.

Here is a good pic of the losi part Im talking about. Top left black washer just like the m2c

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...8b-8t-LOSA9103
Check my post above yours :P

(and yeah same applies, I'm all for people releasing stuff if it is new and better, just asking the guy to explain to me why it's new/better than the product I suggested - I'm just confused )
Old 05-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Excerpt from M2C Racings website.

"THIS SYSTEM CAPTURES THE BEARING AND THE CLUTCH BELL TO KEEP EVERYTHING IN PLACE IF THE BEARING FAILS. THERE IS A SMALL STEP ON THE BEARING SIDE THAT KEEPS THE BEARING SHIELD FROM HITTING THE WASHER AND ALLOW THE CLUTCH BELL TO SPIN FREELY WHILE TRAPPING THE BEARINGS AND SHIELD IN PLACE SO NOTHING CAN COME OUT. THIS SYSTEM WILL WORK ON ALL VEHICLES WHERE THE CLUTCH BELL AND BEARINGS SIT FLUSH WITH THE END OF THE CRANK."

Seems different than the kyosho washers...I dunno.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by m2cracing
I am not really sure if the Kyosho has this or not. I don't have any kyosho products to compare it with. but I still haven't had a bearing failure as yet. As a matter of fact my bearings feel like crap when I check them but when I reinstall them on the motor, It still
spins freely and will spin for over 30 seconds. Perhaps now that all the grease it gone,
it seems like they work better.
Originally Posted by m2cracing
the Losi does capture all of the bearing I think and should perform about the same as Mine on the losi. But, as far as the other vehicles go, the step on the
losi puts the flange out too far and cannot retain the shield and bearings
if the bearing fails I would think. I have tried this in the past.

Kingcoltzan1-With these 2 quotes, the man explained his thought process and reasonings more than well enough. Alot of times when a product is developed and then introduced, it may have been an already used idea recently incorperated into a companies product lineup.

Originally Posted by kingcoltzan1
Please explain the difference someone, http://www.infernosonly.com/Kyosho_W...p/kyow0148.htm

Will gladly eat my words

Covered in first 2 quotes.

Plus a 3rd option, when the other 2 are backordered?

Made in the USA.

Originally Posted by kingcoltzan1
Check my post above yours :P

(and yeah same applies, I'm all for people releasing stuff if it is new and better, just asking the guy to explain to me why it's new/better than the product I suggested - I'm just confused )
Nothing more to be confused about, if so just re-read this post.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

You guys should know by now that Mitch does not release garbage or copies. There are some items that just improve current designs and some that are completely unique but nothing is "just" a copy with his brand on it. If you don't already know that then you are not familiar with the man or his products.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jaz240
You guys should know by now that Mitch does not release garbage or copies. There are some items that just improve current designs and some that are completely unique but nothing is "just" a copy with his brand on it. If you don't already know that then you are not familiar with the man or his products.
Yup can't wait to see the three shoe he's always trying new ideas he makes his stuff for that I appreciate his products wish he would come out with Kevlar shoes for his systems come on Mitch what's taking so long also you call his shop and he picks up
Old 05-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Yup can't wait to see the three shoe he's always trying new ideas he makes his stuff for that I appreciate his products wish he would come out with Kevlar shoes for his systems come on Mitch what's taking so long also you call his shop and he picks up
I wish I would have known you wanted to try the new 3 shoe variable. He sent me a prototype but I gave it to one of my team guys for testing. Mitch treats his customers and dealers very well, and his best attribute is that it's not all about the money! It's the love of it all that keeps him rocking.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Another great product from mitch, until now I have just been using an oversized washer onto the end of the crank shaft with a lock washer and nut to hold it in place, then shim just short of the crank shaft for play and your good to go.

Simple but very effective way of keeping a bearing failure in place till after the race but mitch has taken it that one step futher and made a purpose built washer.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is the best insurance you can have. My three season old mbx6 has been plaigued with a bearing failure probleem. Would only last 15 min tops. The last 5 or 6 races I attended in a row had this failure. never found the problem after differant brand bearings, clutch, engine, center diff and mount. Every time cost me bell and spur. once even the tank. verry agrivating and costly. All i can figure is chassis flex issues or something. problem should be solved now with a new kit. I will deffinately be using one of these.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scurran
This is the best insurance you can have. My three season old mbx6 has been plaigued with a bearing failure probleem. Would only last 15 min tops. The last 5 or 6 races I attended in a row had this failure. never found the problem after differant brand bearings, clutch, engine, center diff and mount. Every time cost me bell and spur. once even the tank. verry agrivating and costly. All i can figure is chassis flex issues or something. problem should be solved now with a new kit. I will deffinately be using one of these.
Check your crank, a cb bearing could of worn a grove in the crank and it will cause bearing failure no mater what... But this setup from Mitch is nice that the bearing will not come off even with a failure.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

+! Mitch is ACES in my book
Old 05-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Champion

I wish I would have known you wanted to try the new 3 shoe variable. He sent me a prototype but I gave it to one of my team guys for testing. Mitch treats his customers and dealers very well, and his best attribute is that it's not all about the money! It's the love of it all that keeps him rocking.
O Well maybe next time Buddy looking forward to my order

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.