Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Have I bought the wrong engine? >

Have I bought the wrong engine?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have I bought the wrong engine?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Have I bought the wrong engine?

Getting back into the hobby after a few years. I saw a cheap SH buggy engine on ebay, it arrived today, spent the afternoon putting the clutch and bits together only to find this engines crankshaft is far to short to accommodate a flywheel assembly. The nut doesn't even fit at the end.
Its this model

Anything I can do to make it work? Feel a bit stupid, the 6-7 nitro engines I bought in my life I've never have this issue.

What is this engine good for?
Old 04-28-2012, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Yep

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Hex-Screw-Full

It doesn't say it's for a .21, but look for one like this. Engines used to come like that...
Old 04-28-2012, 07:43 AM
psr
Tech Regular

yes you have the incorrect engine for your application,that is a non sg crank type this engine needs the crank adapter to work but you will need a diffrent clutch.

you are better of buying the correct engine for the application i think you may have just brought by acident the wrong engine
Old 04-28-2012, 09:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I have some extra crank extenders sitting around that I will never use. I will send them to you free if you send me $2 for shipping.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I have some extra crank extenders sitting around that I will never use. I will send them to you free if you send me $2 for shipping.
Cheers mate, I'll check today if the lhs has any otherwise ill take your great offer

Originally Posted by psr
yes you have the incorrect engine for your application,that is a non sg crank type this engine needs the crank adapter to work but you will need a diffrent clutch.

you are better of buying the correct engine for the application i think you may have just brought by acident the wrong engine
Why would I need a different clutch? What type? Other than the shaft been to short the standard 3 shoe clutch seemed to fit fine.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:59 PM
psr
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Coopz
Cheers mate, I'll check today if the lhs has any otherwise ill take your great offer

Why would I need a different clutch? What type? Other than the shaft been to short the standard 3 shoe clutch seemed to fit fine.
how will it fit when the thread on the shaft is not a sg thread if you have a buggy kit a 1/8th one it will need a sg threaded shaft

your motor is not thats considering its the one pictured

i have never seen a extended crank bolt with sg thread that type of engine you will need a,c or e clip on the shaft to hold clutch assembly on