Engine Going Crazy

Old 04-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Engine Going Crazy

I have a Losi 810! I recently changed the sterring servo and now when i start the engine it goes wide open. Idk what i did to it. Before i start the car i make sure that the wheels and the throthle works and they do. Just when i start it up i have no controlle with the enigne. Any Ideas
Old 04-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by okla_elite_RC View Post
I have a Losi 810! I recently changed the sterring servo and now when i start the engine it goes wide open. Idk what i did to it. Before i start the car i make sure that the wheels and the throthle works and they do. Just when i start it up i have no controlle with the enigne. Any Ideas
is the battery fully charged???
Old 04-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

So your steering and throttle servos work perfectly without the engine running as soon as you start the engine your throttle servo goes to wide open making your engine scream
Old 04-20-2012, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What is it doing when you start the engine. Is the servo staying center with carb shut, or is it opening the carb? If the servo is fine it sounds like your idle gap is to big or you have the LSN to lean.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Sounds like your alignment on the throttle servo is wrong as neutral?

With both the electrics on take the airfilter off the engine and see how wide open the carb is, it should only have a tiny gap, roughly 1mm (roughly...) if it is huge, then you need to adjust your servo horn alignment or if there is only a tiny bit of adjustment needed adjust the trim on your remote.