Wiki Posts
Search

TORCO Nitro Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default TORCO Nitro Fuel

My hobby shop started to carry TORCO nitro fuel looking at their website their producing for all high end nitro funny and drag cars they've been in business from 60 years.

All that experience equates to knoewlege producing a quality product. They have a array of different fuels but I'm interested in their car and truck selection

what's your opinion and why also do you know what type of oil package its all synthetic or does it have some castor what type of oil level is left after you break down an engine.

I'm currently using Byron gen3 9% oil

Thanks
Old 03-29-2012, 11:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Its good fuel but not recommended for CRE engines. It is 100% synthetic and does not offer the protection for Neals insane RPM's. I am friendly with the family and the main distribution center for the Nitro Fuel is 10 minutes from my house. I ran the fuel for quite some time before I ran Neals Engines. Man it was so nice to go get fuel at dealer cost with no Hazmat fees or shipping charges! I still carry it for customers that use it. Good stuff.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

WOW, thanks for letting us know. I been using Byron's as well and only started using the Torco last weekend on my new CRE engine. Glad I saw your post. Gonna use Byron's again with what I have left and hopefully our LHS will still carry them. The CRE ran really well with the Torco but I'm not gonna abuse the engine if its not a good match for it.
Thanks Jaz
Old 03-30-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Its good fuel but not recommended for CRE engines. It is 100% synthetic and does not offer the protection for Neals insane RPM's. I am friendly with the family and the main distribution center for the Nitro Fuel is 10 minutes from my house. I ran the fuel for quite some time before I ran Neals Engines. Man it was so nice to go get fuel at dealer cost with no Hazmat fees or shipping charges! I still carry it for customers that use it. Good stuff.
Thanks I wanted more information before swapping was afraid the oil package was all synthetic. Thanks Jazz
Old 03-30-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Lord

Byron's is good stuff also but I found it severly lacking in run times. You guys know that CRE will ship you Werks quarts right? No Hazmat fees and I think shipping is included but not sure about Hawaii. You could also ask your LHs to bring in some of the Byron's oil additive. It has Castor in it and you can add some to the Torco to get the engine protection you need. That would give you the best of both worlds without having to import your own fuel. Torco is wonderful fuel for power and milage and with a little Castor will be perfect.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think if the latest Torco is running good they should be fine to use it........From the looks of their track they do not have any massive straights where the engine will be put into the red zone.....I will have them monitor the wear on the crankpin as they go along and if they see any abnormal wear early we will look into a different fuel..........
Old 03-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What seems to be the problem with synthetics properly lubricating the internals? I find it hard to believe that the problem is that it's a synthetic lubricant vice dino. I could see if it had something to do with the amounts being used.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neesh
WOW, thanks for letting us know. I been using Byron's as well and only started using the Torco last weekend on my new CRE engine. Glad I saw your post. Gonna use Byron's again with what I have left and hopefully our LHS will still carry them. The CRE ran really well with the Torco but I'm not gonna abuse the engine if its not a good match for it.
Thanks Jaz
Why fix what's not broke? My engine had never ran better since switching to Torco.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madweazl
What seems to be the problem with synthetics properly lubricating the internals? I find it hard to believe that the problem is that it's a synthetic lubricant vice dino. I could see if it had something to do with the amounts being used.
As I understand it, anyone can correct me if I am wrong, It's not so much the full synth doesn't properly lube the parts, but more about how it burns off. When it burns off it is drier, which helps make a little extra power and run time, but at the expence of parts ware. At least that's how I understand it to be.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Byron's is good stuff also but I found it severly lacking in run times. You guys know that CRE will ship you Werks quarts right? No Hazmat fees and I think shipping is included but not sure about Hawaii. You could also ask your LHs to bring in some of the Byron's oil additive. It has Castor in it and you can add some to the Torco to get the engine protection you need. That would give you the best of both worlds without having to import your own fuel. Torco is wonderful fuel for power and milage and with a little Castor will be perfect.
Jazz, please explain the lack of run time with the Byron's? I know the first gen had that issue, but the new stuff doesn't have that issue from what I have seen and delt with. Just courious.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madweazl

There is a sort of wall the synthetics seem to hit where they stop lubricating effectively..... On high RPM high load engines the synthetics seem to breakdown much easier then the castor lubricants do....... you can easily measure the wear differences in the engines by measuring the crankpins over the engines lifespan..... As well when you really start screaming these engines you will start spinning the rod bushings if you use some of these low oil % synthetic blends .........A average stock offroad engine usually will never see the RPM where this will be any concern...However on my modifieds like the Bonito this is a huge concern....
Old 03-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
Jazz, please explain the lack of run time with the Byron's? I know the first gen had that issue, but the new stuff doesn't have that issue from what I have seen and delt with. Just courious.
I wish I could explain it Teuf, I ran Byrons exclusively for 2 years. Stopped about a year ago when I got accepted to team S&W (have since switched to VP)
At the time I had 5 engines that I would swap back and forth between. The worst run time in my buggy with any of the engines was the Force JL. Could not even make a 7 minute qualifier on 1 tank with Byron's. S&W and a new tune and same engine went up to 8-1/2 minutes until dry. Saw noticeable power increases and major run time advantages on all engines. Have same results with the VP fuel. I'm not a fuel expert by any means but for me the proof was in the results. If that has changed in the last year, please accept my apologies.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

I wish I could explain it Teuf, I ran Byrons exclusively for 2 years. Stopped about a year ago when I got accepted to team S&W (have since switched to VP)
At the time I had 5 engines that I would swap back and forth between. The worst run time in my buggy with any of the engines was the Force JL. Could not even make a 7 minute qualifier on 1 tank with Byron's. S&W and a new tune and same engine went up to 8-1/2 minutes until dry. Saw noticeable power increases and major run time advantages on all engines. Have same results with the VP fuel. I'm not a fuel expert by any means but for me the proof was in the results. If that has changed in the last year, please accept my apologies.
I allways had better run time with torrco over byrons. did byrons a year and torrco a year.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

When people are citing Byrons fuel, is it Gen2 or Pro Driver blend? The Gen2 at 11% oil will offer less performance and runtime than Pro Driver at 9%
Old 03-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

I have some of byrons additive but Im sticking with Byrons 30 9 oil im getting over 10mins Im happy and conforable. Torco fuel seemed good probably is but want some castor its 11 percent thou. I use the Additive on my break-in's then is all 9% better run times and power.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.