Nitro Engine / RC8.2 Help!

Old 03-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default Nitro Engine / RC8.2 Help!

I have a Werks Racing B6 Pro engine in an rc8.2 buggy. I love the car and engine but have had an issue twice and was wondering if I could get some help with it.

Twice the engine has gone full blast on me for no reason, BUT the car does not go anywhere as though the clutch was not being engaged. I was wondering if anyone has any idea about what is happening. Any advice as to what to check would be helpful. Bad engine, bad clutch? I am completely at a loss on this and cost me a race this weekend and definitely want to get rid of the issue.

Thanks!
Old 03-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

A loose flywheel?
Old 03-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Go to YouTube and watch some videos RC engine and clutch setup. You clutch nut is probably loose your clutch is spinning stop running your car these high revs without load can blow an engine. Also ask for help if theirs a hobby story or local track don't be afraid to make friends
Old 03-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

But the servo was in neutral and I wasn't pulling the trigger at all. I was going around a turn and the car physically stopped moving and the engine went to full rev like it was locked into full throttle.

I took the engine out and it seemed to look alright. I will definitely check the flywheel.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Check the carb slide there might be dirt in it, I would pull it off the engine and try to clean it out with some clean fuel. Are you running a fuel filter? If not you might want to get one, if you are change it. Good luck, I love my Werks engine's!
Old 03-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Check your airfilter boot. I had installed mine upside down and it was casuing my linkage to catch and not allowing the throttle to close.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm assuming your needles are set correctly, but if you could provide a pic of how the area around your engine looks. ex: engine, linkages, filter, needles

When you have problems with anything, pictures can tell a lot.

EDIT: That and if you have any other problems regarding the Werks B6 motor, there's a dedicated thread in the offroad engine section.

Last edited by Locum51; 03-12-2012 at 11:31 AM.